1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Denying protesting is disrespecting the country, its disgusting and un-American. Just because a reason isn't valid to you doesn't mean it's not valid. The whole "keep politics out of my life" is the definition snowflakes needing a safe space. I suggest you man up are respect people's ability to express themselves.

el gnomo and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm wondering why the focus on what the controversy does to the NFL's bottom line. Are you hoping that, in the end, the economic pressure Trump has brought to bear on the league and its players will actually work and that their free speech rights will be abridged?

el gnomo likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Denying legitimate protesting that takes place at the right place and at the right time is disrespecting something the country was founded on, sure, but that's not really relevant here.

Also, you are right, just because a reason isn't valid to me doesn't mean that it's not valid, the fact that it's not valid means that it's not valid. Glad we could have this talk.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You should watch a little FOX news today to see what he's thinking. It's being shown as if a national crisis. If they interrupt coverage of the uppity NFL players, it's to show a big close-up picture of black murder suspect somewhere, with the contrast turned way way down so he looks extra scary on the screen. Then they go right back to showing the kneeling players. I wish I was kidding.

If you're a FOX viewer, you're nearly in tears hoping that The Blunder in Tweet can save us from these pernicious, America-destroying black football players. (I was at the gym and watched some fox this a.m., and then CNN wasn't much better, but they just play it like the president's big new blunder. But it's just covering the nonsense that Two Scoops wants them to cover, like throwing a tennis ball for a stupid dog.)

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Who is the arbiter of 'legitimate' and 'right place and right time'?

Who is the arbiter of 'valid'.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Has to be sure to give you rep for this.

8. fchowd0311

So conservative posters here... Question.

Why do you place higher standards of acting like 'an adult' for our athletes more so than the POTUS.

That is what confuses me the most in this discussion.

If a conservative poster can explain this it would be appreciated.

#448 fchowd0311, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    HakeemOnlyFan, DudeWah and el gnomo like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Perhaps the "smart" phone forgot how to spell the word...twice...Stupid autocorrect.

11. adoo

adoo Member

this was my post from page 19

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Ruh roh, some Fox & Friends talking head goes off reservation for a sec...

‘Fox & Friends’ Host Dares to Criticize Trump’s NFL Comments
    Fortunately, his colleague walked back his statement:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-host-dares-to-criticize-trumps-nfl-comments

el gnomo likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

this diversionary tactic, such as it is, amounts to an admission that

you had not factored in the mobile viewing / streaming of NFL games​

el gnomo likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I love how fox news doesn't judge an opinion based on its merits but rather on "there's a lot of people who hold this opinion" so it must be expressed by the president.

I'm sure a lot of people who like screwing underage children but are afraid to be vocal about it. Maybe Trump should be their voice.

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  15. Anticope

Anticope Member

The same exact question can also be asked about the "mainstream media" outrage as well. Why should I care more about what the media is saying than what the President of the United States is saying?

DudeWah, B-Bob and el gnomo like this.
  16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just stop it...
    http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/measurement/television.html

Chosen at random through proven methodology, Nielsen’s U.S. TV families represent a cross-section of representative homes throughout the country. We measure viewing using our national and local people meters, which capture information about what’s being viewed and when, and in the major U.S. markets, specifically who and how many people are watching. We also have TV set meters in many local markets, and we collect more than two million paper diaries from audiences across the country each year during “sweeps”—specific periods during the months of February, May, July and November. To measure video content viewed on mobile devices, we have expanded our panels to incorporate census-style data from third parties in order to capture the breadth and depth of consumer usage.
    For the learning impaired...

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So much fail in one post.

You do not determine what the right place and right time is.

You do not determine what is legitimate or illegitimate.

Facts, research, and studies determine what things are valid or invalid.

Excel is jealous of how much circular logic exists in your head.

Eric Riley, CometsWin and el gnomo like this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Everybody knows the best place to get life coaching and political advice is from actors - people who dress up and pretend to be other people in a make-believe setting.

19. Anticope

Anticope Member

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No I don't determine that, and never suggested I did, thanks for playing.

Me not determining the right place and time along with me not determining what is legitimate or illegitimate has nothing to do with the fact that the moronic BS the players are doing is the wrong place and time and that they don't have a legitimate cause.

Try to follow along better in the future.