1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump about to show off his ball-handling skills

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2017.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Nope. Would have gladly said, "Thanks, Trump!" But like the complete insecure man-baby he is, he had to Tweet out his plea for a thank you.

You make me laugh- thanks for the chuckle.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Could have had the embassy handle, but I don't see that it was actually inappropriate for Trump to intervene personally.

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

How about this "dad" of one of the thugs? Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Will Trump order the execution of the turkeys he pardoned if they do not thank him? :)

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A complete and utter embarrassment...

Yung-T likes this.
  6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

What a clown. He's lying. All reports before he was involved had the three players under house arrest awaiting procedures for their release. They were expected to stay 7-10 days. They ended up staying 2 or 3 extra days. They were never headed for 10 years.

Lol at mick fry just now discovering lavar ball

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Other than fathering(using that term loosely) a thug that had the audacity(stupidity) to shoplift in China why should I know this fool?

8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

It was a lose/lose situation for Trump, just like everything he does. People will find a way to criticize him in each and every situation because its "the cool thing to do now". LaVar is so ungrateful. Regardless if Trump did have anything to do with the players' release, expect him to not do a damn thing in the future to help people now.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is this the first President in the history of the United States to have 'beefs' and individual dispuites with individual non politically affiliated citizens?

The only time other President's would mention non politically affiliated individuals would be in a joke format in something like the white house correspondence dinner. Trump actually has beefs and goes down to the level of ordinary citizens. It's pretty hilarious but also SAD!

#29 fchowd0311, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  10. dandorotik

Yeah, because he's an utter ****ing baby. Seriously, people criticize him b/c he does and says a LOT of stupid things. Epic, historical levels.

The best way to sum this up would be that Donald Trump and LaVar Ball could switch places and it would be considered an even swap. Because if LaVar Ball were President and got Donald Jr and Eric out of an international jam, Trump would be the one saying that it was he himself who got them out and that his sons' transgressions were really not that big a deal. If you don't agree with this, then you've had your eyes closed for a long time.

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

If he wasn't a loud-mouthed tweeting idiot who made everything about himself, people wouldn't have near as many reasons to criticize him. I just can't figure out what is so great about this guy that compels people to constantly defend so much absurdity.

On top of that, this comes after conservatives crying like b****es for 8 years about how everything Obama did was the most horrible thing ever, so it's really hard to feel sorry for the "quit complaining about Trump" crowd.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he a thug?

Don't a lot of college kids do stupid things? I remember a white kid when I was younger that stole something on a school trip. Dude was smart and came from a good home. He got caught and his parents had him disenrolled before the day ended so he couldn't get expelled.

13. fchowd0311

This exactly. Donald Trump is an average citizen in terms of IQ and knowledge playing President. That is why he gets into petty dispuites with non political actors all the time.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I'm not here saying he is such a great guy or I support him all the way, ect. I was just stating as for this particular situation, he would get criticized either way. No one can deny that. If he did have a part in getting the players released, then I feel it is pretty messed up that LaVar cannot simply be grateful.

I do agree with you about him and his tweeting. Its ridiculous. He should not be on twitter 24/7.

15. dandorotik

The sole reason he wasn't grateful is probably b/c he knew Trump would react this way and it means more publicity for LaVar. He played him, plain and simple. And as utterly stupid as LaVar Ball is, he's not in a position to affect our lives in any way, shape or form.

I lean towards the guy who allegedly runs the country to be the bigger person here. You know, something about expecting more out of the President of the United States? But these 2 are made for each other. Here's hoping they continue this mind-bogglingly stupid feud all throughout 2018. Anything to keep Trump's mind on this and prevent him from making stupid decisions that affect all of us is good with me.

peleincubus likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

17. dandorotik

Actually, you're wrong. If Trump does this without pleading on Twitter for the son's gratitude, I absolutely guarantee you that very few, if any, would criticize him. Every single criticism of Trump is 100% about his response, nothing more. If you think this would happen if, say, Ted Cruz were President, you're sadly mistaken. Ted Cruz would still be criticized, as all Presidents are (don't get me started on how much **** we Obama supporters have had to deal with over 8 years), but there would be nothing whatsoever at this level.

History will not be kind to this presidency, I'm telling you. When the smoke clears 10 years from now, we'll all sit back and wonder how someone so infantile could have been elected POTUS.

18. fchowd0311

No... All he had to do was not explicitly ask for a thanks and state that he should of left his sons in China like any other normal president.

This isn't one of those 'damned if you do, damned if you don't cases". He explicitly did an action that was easily avoidable.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

LeVar should sing the song to Trump, “Take a look in a book.” And shutting the **** up.