1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tribeca Film Festival

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, May 10, 2002.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I was honored to be invited to the first screening of Tom Dicillo(Living in Oblivion)'s new film, Double Whammy, at the Tribeca film festival, just blocks from Ground Zero.

RObert Deniro, head of Tribeca films, came up with the festival to invigorate lower Manhattan and to inspire filmmakers and artists to shoot here in NYC.

The history of Double Whammy is a complicated one:
    it was shot in the summer of 2000 entirely on location in the Bronx and the East Village, and it was screened in the Sundance Film Festival of 2001. Lions Gate Films picked up the distributing rights for a Million dollars, and since February 2001, they have backed out on their deal.

Basically this movie is just waiting to be released, but no one will pick it up.

I don't get it. I am a young filmmaker, and if a movie with Steve Buscemi, Denis Leary, Luis GUzman, Liz HUrley, and an incredible independent director can't get off it's feet, then how am I supposed to ever succeed?

Either way, I loved the film. A satire about a New YOrk cop whose back goes out during a robbery, only to be saved by an 8 year old boy who shoots the robber. The little boy becomes "New Yorks Youngest Hero"
    while the cop(Leary) becomes "THe Loser Cop" .

Hurley plays his chiropractor, there are quite a few cracks how no one takes chiropractic care seriously.

SPOILER: THIS FILM SHOULD BE RELEASED ALONE BASED ON THE FACT THAT LIZ HURLEY DOES A BRIEF NUDE SCENE.

either way, Dicillo, Buscemi, Leary were all at the screening and they did a Q & A with the audience afterwards. it was great.

feel free to share your thoughts on INdependent Films these days.

RELEASE DOUBLE WHAMMY!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

#1 across110thstreet, May 10, 2002
    Last edited: May 10, 2002
  2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm going tonight!

Stanley Kulbrick's second feature film "KILLER"S KISS". It is fully restored and remastered with a new soundtrack.

And it will be hosted by Martin Scorsese!

Can't wait!