1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza missed 15 games last season. Rockets went 14-1.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 20, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay I think both sides in here are a little extreme.

1. Ariza and Luc are great players who will be missed. Stop using that r****ded argument for game 7, its dumb and it makes you look bad.

2. While I love Luc he was negligible in the Playoffs. And let's just see how good Melo and Ennis will play before we act like the sky is falling. Who knows, Morey might actually know what he's doing and are team could be better.

thaGREATwall likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Loool bro are you kidding me, just stop.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

You people act like it's so easy to recut those State Farm ads. That's hours and hours of work. Chris Paul is gonna pull another hamstring redoing them.

thaGREATwall and htxaf like this.
  5. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

You really need to pay more attention to your screen name and actually enjoy your one life to live.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

just got back from a weekend in Vegas. I'm more than enjoying life. no issues there

7. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I can't speak for others, but my game 7 argument is in no way intended to claim that Ariza won't be missed. He will be. The argument I am making is how much he will be missed. I don't think it is AS much as a lot of you are saying.

Yep! Well said.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Skinny arms?, dudes like 6”8 200+ pounds, he prolly makes two of your arms. Watching someone on tv versus them in reality is much different

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Cool. Really good to hear, because your "sky is falling" mantra that you constantly spout in here seems to indicate otherwise.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're welcome to take it how you want it. if you're not worried about a championship then thats on you. some people are past the days of just winning a bunch of games and nothing to show for it

11. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

In short, both things can be true at the same time. Ariza can suck horribly at offense, yet also be missed by this team next year. The error I think some of you are making is the degree to which he will be missed.

12. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Nah, it's championship or bust next season. PJ Tucker had a greater influence on our chances to win against GS last year than Ariza. Add in CP3's injury history, and Melo is going to help immensely offensively if/when CP3 goes down.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

and PJ influence wouldn't have been what it was w/o ariza and moute through the year. again, were all anxiously waiting for the ariza replacement.

14. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Well like the thread shows, we did fine without Ariza in the regular season and while I don't have the time to dig up his numbers for the games Ariza missed, I'd be willing to bet PJ helped significantly while Ariza was out. And hey, Luc was out a lot this year too.

Honestly, I think you just want an excuse to complain. To each their own.

Cash Cam likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

15 games is in no way a valid sample size. teams get away with guys out all the time in limited time.

16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

The answer to beating golden state is having scorers who can do more than camp on the three point line and wait for wide open shots.

Nobody can stop KD, Steph, or Klay

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

good luck with that. this year said otherwise.

theres people out there actually thinking hou going back to the outscore you route with a mediocre defense is the formula. catch up to 2018 plz

18. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I get it. Which is why I'm not saying he won't be missed. But man, you are acting like we lost Harden or CP3 and now have no chance to compete.

I'd say we have about the same odds of winning the title this year as we did last year, especially if comparing to this same time last year. No one thought CP3 and Harden would work well together, and the Rockets would be lucky to be better than the Thunder. We all know what happened.

No need to continue this little exercise. I'd rather wait and see what happens.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said you take it how you want it. stated many times theres a big hole and everyone is anxious to see who comes in to fill it.

no one thought cp3 and harden would work well. where did you pluck that from. the media doesnt speak for houston or ppl here. go back to the cp3 acquisition thread. it speaks for itself

thats like the LMM claim of nobody knew who he was and didn't like the move. Which was absolutely untrue

20. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Like I said, overdramatic. You automatically think the simple loss of Ariza (Ennis and Luc are not far apart and surely you can see that) makes us a mediocre defense as if somehow we lost CP3, PJ, Capela, and that Harden's defense won't at all continue to improve, as it has essentially every year besides his one year dip in 2016.

Anyway, I'm not going to convince you. No one will. And when the Rockets are back in the WCF next year, we will see if you are man enough to come back in here and choke down the crow you will need to eat.

Little Bit likes this.