1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Trail Q's and Comments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outkast9000, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

Okay, a couple days ago I posted a post saying we should trade w/ the Clips and use the picks to move up and get Butler and people were trippin. Now I read the trade trail post and some of my same logic is being used for trades similar to the one I proposed or even more outlandish. Here is my ideal trade situation.

Trade #1 Rice, MoT (ot TMo), #1 for
    BRAND (I didn't know he was on the block); #8; #12 (if they throw in Odom I don't really care at this point)

Trade #2 Trade #12; #15; KT for Swift; #4 (throw in the #38 if it gets us Battier)

Lineup (Oh My God this is Beautiful)
    Cato (eh, can't have a PERFECT lineup)
    Brand; Hilario
    Griffin; Butler
    Mobley; #38 or Battier
    Francis; Norris

We may need a FA or 2 after all this takes place but it should work under the cap and it would accelerate the rebuilding process exponentially.

C
    ____________________________________________________'

Member of the TAKE CARON BUTLER AT ALL COSTS fan club

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The Clips aren't trading Brand. I see no deal involving the #1 pick and any other player(s) other than Steve or Eddie Griffin that will get Brand. The 2nd deal you have is a tad more realistic, but I don't see the Grizzlies trading down or even looking to. And a 2nd rounder isn't going to get Battier tossed into a deal.

3. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

If they aren't giving up Brand then we should get Odom; Kandi; 8; 12 if possible. i'm willing to give up 2-3 players and our pick for that to happen

C

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They are not trading brand. They didn't want Taylor 2 yrs ago and I'm pretty sure they haven't changed their mind. The scenerio makes no sense really. Why would we trade for a 4 and we drafted a 4 last yr? Logic tells me the Clipps wouldn't do it.

5. Stevie Francis

griffin will never be a 3!!!

6. Darth West

Darth West Member

I think its safe to say that Memphis wouldn't touch this deal ... :)

7. Possum

Possum Member

Why do you want Kandi? HE SUCKS! :confused:

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

<i>If they aren't giving up Brand then we should get Odom; Kandi; 8; 12 if possible. i'm willing to give up 2-3 players and our pick for that to happen</i>

Kandi is a free agent and can't be traded prior to the draft. If you wait until after the draft, then his new contract will be higher and the Rockets would be required to send even more salary (i.e. bad contracts) to the Clips. That won't happen.