1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This still proves its idiotic to trade him. Even if he chokes in the playoffs in the 2nd or 3rd round, you dont ever trade a guy that can put up these types of numbers and lead you to 55ish wins.

Surely you arent defending your decision to trade him and start tanking are you?

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao look at that crew of harden haters that liked OPs post! Got that tiny purvis boy @Purvis2Short , that boy @joomba and the Dallas superfan @swyyyguy

RiceRockets, Nook, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah......... I will keep Harden......

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Superstar players are traded all the time. Sometimes by their request. Sometimes when they've worn out their welcome.

I don't have to defend my though process or not... because the facts will bear out who was right as they've played out.

Which doesn't mean Harden has to win a ring or else I'm right. But does mean he has to give us one playoff performance throughout the playoffs where he doesn't crap the bed at least one time in a meaningful game multiple rounds in. That'd be a start at least.

Or more to the point with this bumb. Yay!!! Harden ABSOLUTELY does crazy things and puts up historic stats in the regular season. Time to show up 100% where it counts. Celebrate his greatness in the regular season for sure. No need to bump threads randomly which still haven't been proven/dis-proven to be relevant.... this thread should be bumped after the playoffs.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Da fuq? Dallas superfan? How confused are you? Have you been hanging out with @vlaurelio lately breh???

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Harden can be streaky, like many star guards... He "craps the bed" here and there in the regular season, too. Yes, game 6 last year was an inexplicable abomination, but it's not like he didn't have many other games where he played phenomenally. He killed the Spurs in that Finals year you're b****ing about and didn't "crap the bed" in that series. He brought it in almost every game in the 2015 playoffs, too, including several elimination games, the exception being game 5 against the Warriors, but that's only amplified because it was the last game in a series that we lost (even though we had virtually had zero chance of winning with our injuries).

He sucked terribly in game six last year (as did the whole damn team), and there are any number of theories as to why, but if you shrink Harden's career down to a couple games like that, you are missing the proverbial forest through the trees.

Players like Harden come to a franchise once per generation if you're not Los Angeles. You don't trade someone like that just because he left a sour taste in your mouth after a game. For better or worse, barring some kind of miracle trade opportunity, our hopes of winning a championship anytime within the next 5-10 years live and die with James Harden. And if we trade him, they die.

... Just remember all those times people called guys like Dirk, Lebron, Durant, and even Kobe after Shaq left chokers/failures before they finally put it together. Everybody hates you until they love you. I have no doubt the same is true with Harden, no matter how you think his playoff performances compare to the above players. He has too much talent to not be able to succeed at any level with the right pieces around him. The evidence for his ability to win far exceeds the evidence that he cannot.

Invisible Fan, Reeko, Obito and 8 others like this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I've long stopped trying to have rational arguments with idiots. Most of them have already made up their minds to hate on Harden who is an indisputable historically great talent and constantly look for a reason to trash him. It's sad and pathetic, but at the end of the day, who really cares what those dumbasses think or have to say. Nowadays, I just laugh at them, ridicule them for being the fools that they are, and move on.

Obito, RiceRockets, Patience and 4 others like this.
  8. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Very well said. +1

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

It honestly absolutely blows my mind that anyone can possibly think that trading Harden would be a good idea.

Does he have bad games in the playoffs? Yes. He has had some. So has LeBron and Dirk and even Hakeem... Superstar players that were labeled as "not able to lead their team to a championship".... Until they led their team to a championship.

Is Harden going to lead us to a championship? Hard to say. Especially in today's era of superteams and how hard it is to win. But he absolutely puts us in that conversation way more than "some other guard + draft picks". I mean come on. Do you see how many draft picks, even in the top 10, each year that do not pan out? People usually get lucky to get a good starter- much less a legit superstar, MVP caliber player.

That is so hard and rare to find. And when you do, you do everything to build around that. You do not trade it.

I hope Harden retires a rocket. He has a chance to legitimately be one of the best rockets players ever.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Unlike @vlaurelio, it sounds like you don't like players who quit in the playoffs.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% this

Only thing I would change is he already is one of the best players in Rocksts franchise history.

Def the best guard to ever play for the team.

Reeko, HakeemOnlyFan and Patience like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Uhh huh.... yeah I will roll with Harden. Thanks for the thoughts though and God Bless your family.

Deuce, Obito and J Sizzle like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Amped up for Michael Finley Fan Appreciation day with the Mavs?

14. Asian Sensation

He’s had even better performances in the regular season. Unfortunately, legacies aren’t made in the regular season and you don’t win shiit in November. Unless you’re the Stros.

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

You still haven't solved the problem you yourself have invented.

What are you doing with James Harden that makes us win a championship?

16. Asian Sensation

Problem I invented? What am I doing? My name is not Murray sorry to disappoint you.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Thank Jesus you're not Morey or else we would be rooting for a team lead by D'Angelo Russell

18. Asian Sensation

Did I say just Russell? No. I suggested Russell, Randle and the real prize #3 pick (Tatum).

Anyways, I’m a Rockets fan and I support Harden. With that said I don’t care what he does or doesn’t do in the regular season. A 50 point game in November isn’t going to change my perception of him and it sure as hell doesn’t make up for last years shortcomings in the playoffs, any of the previous seasons playoffs disappearances or future playoff failures.

19. Asian Sensation

Zomgggg!!!!! Guys Harden scored 50 pointssss! He’s the greatest Rocket evarrrrr and he better not get screwed out of MVP again or else!

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I’m curious to know why this opinion isn’t voiced by you when these types of threads are bumped after Harden has a bad regular season game? Surely the “nothing has been proven or disproven” logic still applies no?