1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't like the "It was so much worse before, appreciate what we have" grass roots movement taking hold right now on Clutchfans.net.

Rockets are here NO. Rockets are better NOW. It's OK to lament missed opportunity, especially when it is right there for the taking.

Did I mention how utterly disappointed I am with James Harden? Did I mention how I will never trust this dude again? I have? Multiple times in multiple threads? Carry on.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This would be on par as one of the dumbest trades in the history of sports

RocketsTruth likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah everything except even one teammate who can reasonably be considered a top 50 player.

Forget having a second superstar, he doesn't even have another star.

Even Kawhi has LA ( 17 and 7.5 this year , 23 and 9 in the playoffs last year) and multiple HOF bound veterans who have the BBIQ to run circles around anyone on our team outside of james.

HakeemOnlyFan and JayGoogle like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not a fan of Harden anymore, but I agree with you. Harden although a playoff chump, a post season paper tiger, a second season scrub, should not be traded. The alternative would be basketball suicide.

#45 DreamShook, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Purp8585 and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Would u want to trade Harden right now? It was so much worse before. Before Harden got here, the offseason was starting a month earlier for the Rockets. These people would trade Harden for lottery tickets and watch us embark on 20-30 win seasons hoping that we can one day end up with a player that can get close to Harden's level.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly man. Exactly.

I mean, when Harden retires or goes to play for the next super team then we can drift off into irrelevancy...people just want to do it now...why?

People will say "You're not beating the Warriors now, so why try?"

Why try? There are always superteams in the NBA. It's the Warriors now and it could be the Giannis, Anthony Davis, Wall Lakers 4 years from now. So do we try then?

How about...we try to get stars to come here? No harm in trying, we already have a headstart since we have one star already. More than 90% of the league can say.

Sorry, I'm in no rush to be an irrelevant team looking at mock drafts every year.

HakeemOnlyFan and DreamShook like this.
  8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Honestly being a Rockets fan is just difficult.
    He's going to go to the Lakers after 2 seasons. Clearly he doesn't give two ****s about this team or this city and wanting to win here.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wouldn't trade Harden. Confidence below zero for Harden right now, but there is nothing even remotely close out there in talent.

Reeko and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

James taking us there? Hahahahah u mean when his ass was planted firmly on the bench the whole 4th quarter about to be eliminated in game 6 when he got bailed out by Sewer, Jones, and Josh Smith? That was his worst series ever. His teammates took him to the WCF.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I feel you..but cmon man you have to get more than a draft pick for a superstar talent lol

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cannot stand when people give up before even trying. There is no shame in giving your best effort and failing. all I ask for is an opportunity. You still have to play the games.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Suicide it is not but I am thinking about a new GM or a new system. Ownership we can't change for now.

We can't have a paper tiger coach by our bench and a playoff paper tiger as our main star.

And paper tigers Maury and Les growling in the background.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

D'angelo Russell and 2 lottery tickets doesn't do it for me, sorry. You're getting rid of Harden to add horrible contracts in Deng or Mozgov to our books, and u want to tank with vets like Ryno, Bev, Lou, Gordon, and Ariza still on the roster. I'm sure that will go over well...

This is where y'all kill me. Y'all make it seem like it's so easy to get a star, especially a star that's on Harden's level. It's not easy. It's incredibly difficult and requires a lot of luck. Do u know how lucky we were to get Harden? The only reason we got to trade for Harden is because both the Wizards and Warriors passed on him and told OKC nah. That allowed Morey to swoop in. If Washington was willing to give up Beal or GS was willing to give up Klay, then Harden would've never worn a Rockets uniform. Even after we got him, nobody expected him to become this good. We could go another decade without getting a player on his level. We could be stuck in mediocrity for years.

Jayzers_100 and JayGoogle like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These people don't...I don't know...man I remember getting into debates on here about whether we should tank or not during the Lowry/Dragic era.

That was no fun, then we'd hype up every dude we drafted, constantly showing highlight videos of who we could draft...

I remember guys salivating over drafting Harrison Barnes....Harrison Barnes...

That isn't fun. I promise you guys it's not as fun as losing in 6 to the Spurs, or hoping your guy wins MVP, seeing your players in all-star competitions and seeing people talk about your team (for good or worse).

There's no reason you want to be the 6ers. It's easy to be the 6ers, we'll be the 6ers again when James leaves us, no rush.

Jayzers_100 and Reeko like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, it's a lot easier to be the 6ers.

All you have to do is trade Harden and hope that you draft the next generational star...be careful though, you could be drafting the next Kyrie, Blake, or Carmelo though...more guys who are stars but probably won't win you much on their own...guys lesser than Harden...

Reeko likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ideally you get one star by draft (high draft ), one or two more by trade or via FA.

This is how you do it. You got to have one or two stars on a cheap contract for at least couple of years (rookie contract).

Painful or not.

This going through garbage containers and search for talent is not going to cut it every year.

Harrison Barnes is a mediocre example though. Drought of talent.

#57 daywalker02, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

These people aren't ready to go through multiple tank jobs hoping to get the next star on this team that could come close to Harden's caliber as a player.

This game 6 sucked. It hurt. Harden will have to atone for this one, but I would rather see him try to make up for how this season ended next year while we're winning 50+ games and headed to the playoffs than trade him and see some lesser star do a worse job in carrying the team or watch Draftexpress videos in early February wondering who the Rockets might take after their 25 win season.

I'm sorry, but tanking seasons aren't fun, and those seasons right before Harden came when we were hoping to sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed were not that great either.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good posters here advocating for the NO trade.

Just remember that once a quitter, always a quitter. This is a personality trait. Let's us see what you guys train of thought will be once he pulls out this stunt once again.

I can accept losing, but never quitting. That's the reason I never forgave T-Mac for that Toronto game (where even Bill Worrell was wondering Wtf was going on).

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Talented teammates?
    This thread has to be some kind of joke or emotional banter. This is exactly what I am going to take this as.
    This is Harden's team until he demands a trade. Did anyone actually think this team as constructed was going to win the NBA Finals. I have no idea what drugs anyone took but this team was not going to get anywhere near there. The fact that we made it to the Semifinals or playoffs even was an F'n shocker. This team has exceeded all my expectations. This team can not win with Ryan Anderson as their main option at PF, a young Clint Capella as their main center and no one else playing legit wing defence except for Ariza and Beverly. What we need is an Owner who is willing to keep this team intact as much as possible and pay for a couple legit Superstars to play with our Star before it is over. James Harden does not completely depend on Athleticism. He will be good for a while. What we need is to get him legit help and stop looking into the bargaining bin. Lebron is playing with two other Super Stars and has a bunch of well paid role players. GS has a bunch of studs and besides Zaza is stacked with Stars. Heck the Spurs are stacked with talent. No team besides Hakeem Olajuwon's Rockets in 93-94 has ever won a ring with just one legit Star. None! But even then they had a young Big Shot Bob. A young Sam Cassell who would became an allstar. Don't forget Otis thorpe who was sooooo good that Portland was willing to send us Drexler for him. So people with the trade Harden talk need to take down a few Xanax pills a few shots of whiskey and hope Les is willing to throw Money down this offseason. Before anyone makes anymore comments about trading Harden breathe look at this roster, look at the payroll and realize there was no way we were winning a ring with a 90 mil dollar team. You can not bargain your way to a title in this day and age. It takes deep pockets willing to spend and smart investments.