1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade for all those who wants to give up Mobley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wakkoman, Oct 15, 2003.

1. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

this is a trade that was on the RealGM boards...looks kind of interesting

Houston trades: SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 41.7 minutes)
    Houston receives: SG Quentin Richardson (9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.2 minutes)
    SF Darius Miles (9.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 30.0 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, +6.0 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: PF Chris Wilcox (3.7 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 10.4 minutes)
    SG Quentin Richardson (9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.2 minutes)
    L.A. Clippers receives: SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 73 games)
    C Bruno Sundov (1.2 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.3 apg in 26 games)
    Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, -1.8 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

Cleveland trades: SF Darius Miles (9.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 30.0 minutes)
    C Bruno Sundov (1.2 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.3 apg in 5.3 minutes)
    Cleveland receives: PF Chris Wilcox (3.7 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 46 games)
    Change in team outlook: -6.7 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and -2.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

what do you guys think?

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That actually doesn't look too bad. I doubt any non-rockets would want this trade to happen. I still like Mobley though. He can win a games by himself some nights. Only problem is that he trys to do it every night instead of picking and choosing. Ultimately, I wouldn't do this trade. Mobley is a Houston guy. He gave a little money to stay here. I'll keep em'.

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I like Q Richarson, but what does he do that the Cat doesn't? (maybe rebound) Cat needs to cut down on bad shoots and play within the offense. If he does that, he would be heaven sent again.

4. wakkoman

richardson and miles are a killer combo for the rockets
    miles being a sf might be a problem for houston because we have so many options there
    plus, richardson is a great team player, something i notice that mobley lacks sometimes...he just seems like he doesnt have the heart to play here

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

yet another horrible trade proposal. why on earth does houston do this???

q is a good player, yes, but not for the rockets. first of all, his outside j is not nearly as consistent as we would need from the 2 spot. secondly, his most comfortable position on the floor is in the post... and i think there's 7'6" asian dude that deserves that spot a wee bit more. thirdly, q's defense is far from stellar. in fact, it's below average. fourth, q's passing is not his strong suit either.

darius miles??!!!

why do we need a small forward that cannot shoot???? given, darius miles is a great athlete and can jump out of the gym, but do we really need that on a center oriented team? isn't being able to hit an open jumper a wee bit more important? when you factor in miles' reputation as being a "slacker" around the league, i say not "no"...but hell no!!

6. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

This is simply a combination of the dumbest words assembled to form a sentence ever posted on this forum. Thank you

7. wakkoman

if you would read the entire sentence, it said that mobley lacks the ability of q being a team player....

8. aries323

aries323 Member

Q RIch is not a bad shooter from the outside. Q Rich plays tough in the post... like verse stated, and I'd have to agree with verse in that Cuttino deserves to be here, now only if SF and CB can play within JVG's offensive system... CB is a keeper.

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

i think theres a formula out there that says if you get enough ex-clippers you will begin to suck like them. im happy with my injured pike, thank you.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can't we just trade away all those who wants to give up on Mobley instead?

11. wakkoman

i have no problemo with that. why dont we trade off the steve bashers too? :D