1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Now that we have two new rookies to add to the roster, and have demonstrated a steadfast devotion to our core, who do u see as most likely to get dealt in a consolidation trade?

I say KJ, TyTy, Josh Christopher, Tate, Garuba, our 2024 Brooklyn 1st rounder, and several 2024 2nd rounders.

= another core piece?

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Tate and KJM, for sure. Jaygup likely.

Need shooters

I’m hanging on to Garuba and TyTy, though. TyTy deserves a fair chance, and I’d like to see what Garuba can do under a real coach.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KJM, Tate, JC, Tyty, Garuba and KPJ.

Once we sign some other veterans in free agency, Tate serves no more purpose on this team. KJM provides a lot of value on a league minimum contract, so he can be valuable in a rotation while helping a team reduce salary, which many are trying to do. JC and Tyty will likely have a hard time getting minutes once free agents are signed and would basically be recent first round pick lottery ticket throw-ins for any trade. The center position was specifically called out for needing an upgrade, so that puts the crosshairs directly on Garuba.

It doesn't seem like there is a market for KPJ, but as the highest salaried player on the team, he may have to be used to offset salary in a trade. His contract is certainly team-friendly for the upcoming season. Also, facing a completely different role and possibly coming off the bench, he might want a change of scenery.

Aruba77 and saleem like this.
  4. kpdark

kpdark Member

KJ-JC-TATE-GARUBA-picks

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Can't afford to have any more non shooters outside of our new core 6.

If we are consolidating that gives us more options potentially than just FVV at the one. I'd rather explore the trade market for a pg then just settle. And everyone outside of the top 6 picks should be on the chopping block. It's not fair to a few of them who never had a chance to play in a serious system. But after adding Whitmore at 20 I see no other choice.

Aruba77 and theDude like this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am not that big on KMJ, KPJ, Tate, TyTy, and Christopher. KPJ is easily the best of the bunch, but he's paid appropriately/overpaid. I think KPJ may be able to get the Rockets some cap space and a 2nd round pick. These guys will likely get a 2nd round pick(s).

I think the Rockets biggest assets in trades will be cap space, Brooklyn picks, or one of Sengun, Green, Eason, Jabari, Amen, and Cam. Unless the Rockets actually get a star, I'm suspecting the Rockets move some contracts to open up more cap space, absorb a bad contract for a future FRP, and just sign free agents.

theDude and Aruba77 like this.