1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto to pursue lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, May 29, 2012.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This could be interesting. I wonder if we could create a bigger package to get bargagni. Also when can we make a trade? If it is indeed for their 1st round pick? Before the the draft lottery? It would be great if we could make the trade today so in case they win the 3rd pick or something we can get that instead.

I think this is a smart move...we would kill two birds with one stone. Take one bidder off the market for Goran...and have a great trade partner.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/gen...scenery-expect-the-raptors-to-kick-the-tires/

Did you miss Monday's NBA rumors? check them out in the Rumors Archive.
    Visit the HoopsHype Forums to discuss the latest news and rumors in the NBA.

» Update: 08:47 AM ET

The Raptors are extremely high on Lowry, so there is little doubt – despite Morey’s desire to keep Lowry in the fold – that he and Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo will discuss a Lowry deal. If that falls through the Raptors could instead pursue Dragic, though I do not know if he is a favourite of theirs like Lowry or not. Toronto Sun

Complicating a potential deal would be the fact that Houston would have to be sure Dragic will re-sign long-term with the club to be its starter before opting to trade Lowry. That won’t happen until July 1st, after the draft. It would likely be Toronto’s pick – 8th before Wednesday’s lottery – that Houston would be after. The Rockets own the 14th pick (again, pre-lottery) and the 16th. It’s hard to see the Rockets wanting anything besides Toronto’s pick in a potential Lowry deal since Jonas Valanciunas and Andrea Bargnani won’t be on the table. DeMar DeRozan’s advanced stats likely don’t impress Morey, who is a huge believer in advanced statistical analysis. Toronto Sun

1 person likes this.
  2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

It doesn't mention him as untouchable, I wouldn't mind picking up Ed Davis. Not sure actually what his trade value is. His sophomore year was slightly worse than first year so that might affect it a little.

3. megastahr

We could trade lowry straight up for the 8th pick and also take that salary off the books.

That is interesting... but I am not sure that we are going to get a better player than lowry with the 8th pick.

which is currently slated to go to lamb or rivers.

If we trade up and cant get beal, drumond, robinson or something like that. I dont see much more value in the 8th spot over 14th unless magic prefer 8th, 14th and 16th over lowry, 14th and 16th...which I cant imagine.

4. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Trade Lowry

Yeah this needs to be done on draft night. Don't see anything on the Raptors roster besides those two that the Rockets should even consider. Use that 8th pick to either move up or draft a Perry Jones III, Jeremy Lamb, or Bradley Beal...no to Austin Rivers.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bring Davis, DeRozan, Bargnani, and Calderon for Scola, Martin, and Lowry

6. megastahr

Yah not sure hes better than patterson...plus we are loaded at the 4 with scola, patterson and Motiejunas.

I would try to make the package scola and lowry for baragni and try and get them to switch picks with us 8th for the 14th... (doubt that happens)...maybe if we throw in morris or bud.

I think baragani would be the perfect fit for our team.

7. megastahr

I wonder if the no 8 pick (if that is indeed it)...is better than lowry and scola for Pau Gasol...

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

someone who doesnt rebound?

9. Houston288South

Please no! That would not make us ANY better IMO...

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=6873633&#post6873633

'Kyle Lowry might want a change of scenery, expect the Raptors to kick the tires.'

11. megastahr

Yah I did think about that...but you cant get everything...His offensive game is just so could you could literally run the offense through him like we did Yao Ming. He does get blocks pretty decent and a rotation of say Baragni and Camby would be top end.

If we then looked to draft some great rebounder like henson it could compensate. You could also put him at the 4 and camby at the 5 and camby is a great rebounder. I dunno I just would really like the different options he gives you. Hes a hustler too.... I think a starting line up of Dragic, Lee, Parsons, (???) and Baragni would be a great all around 2 way team.

12. vince

vince Member

The 8th pick is not enticing enough. Toronto would need to put more on the table.

Lowry is a good scorer, elite rebounded for a point guard, and better than average passer. And he's still getting better. It seems that Lowry is poised to have a break through season -- allstar vote generating season!!!

13. megastahr

I meant to say so good not so could...sorry I am at work massive typos. :grin:

14. megastahr

thats what I was thinking...I mean we could prob get the same player with the 8th spot as the 14th under the right conditions... plus lowry is signed to a great contract. Its not like they are clearing a major financial burden from us.

I think the only way we do this deal is if it includes bargagni.

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Morey was very high on Jonas Valančiūnas last year around the draft. If we could get him for Lowry it could potential solve our need for a star and a defensive minded/rebounding center. I think he will truly be great.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]... Jonas Valanciunas and Andrea Bargnani won't be on the table. ...[/rquoter]

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Jonas is untouchable in Toronto. They're not dealing him. At least not for anything they could reasonably obtain in trade (i.e., they'd only deal him for something like Anthony Davis or an extended Dwight Howard, neither of which they could get).

18. korpsekilla

korpsekilla New Member

I think if we even have a shot at valanciunas it would be something like lowry, no 14 and morris or bud for valanciunas and thats still probablly not enough.

1 person likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

True. And an unextended Dwight Howard can be rather soft, and disappointing, especially when he comes up small.

20. megastahr

I agree with you it would be very hard to get him....but I just thought this article was interesting (http://euro-step.net/2011/06/the-final-pre-draft-breakdown-valanciunas-and-motiejunas/) sure you have read it before but...maybe lowry and motiejunas for valanciunaswould work.

As this article was written by someone who followed both of these players over in Europe really closely...and this was written before Motiejunas made all this great steps this year.