1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

I believe we move into #3 only if we beat 2 out of the 3 teams in the upcoming shedule......San Antonio & Dallas are our best chances....

*thinks about (Rafer aka Steve trash) vs The real Steve nash* a cold chill runs down my spine

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I didn't think they'd go 7-2. But remember, when Yao went down, we still didn't know if T-Mac would be back anytime soon and what condition he'd be in.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Rockets #5 On Power Rankings

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

Yea thats right people FINALLY giving Rockets some hard earned respect.

Top 5:

1 Dallas (1) 29-8 The Mavs are 21-3 this season when Josh Howard scores at least 15 points, as he has for the last 16 straight games.
    2 Phoenix (2) 26-8 With Yao likely shelved until after the All-Star Game, could Amare get the starting nod? His 17.6 ppg ranks second behind Yao among all West centers.
    3 Utah (3) 24-11 Jazz is 4-0 at home and 7-5 on the road in back-to-back sets. Utah plays every Friday and Saturday the rest of this month -- two at home, four roadies.
    4 San Antonio (4) 26-11 The Spurs and Boston are the only teams with a better record on the road than at home. San Antonio welcomes the Wizards and Lakers this week.
    5 Houston (9) 23-13 Raise your hand if you really believed the Rockets would go 7-2 since Yao went down … Anybody?

I can't say I disagree with these rankings as of right now, but I still believe (I made post earlier) Rockets are a top 2 team in the league ONCE YAO GETS BACK. They are that good, (We match up well vs. Dallas and IF we can slow tempo vs. Suns, watch out NBA, here comes the Rockets).

5. Omer

Omer Member

Hell yes, finally. We are in the elite teams now. Can't stop us as long as we got T-Mac playing like normal.

6. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Just like to add, we have already blown out 3 of those remaining 4 teams this year.

7. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

i like us a lot, but i just want to see us handle the suns for once please! what do we need to do to stop this team?

8. superden

superden Contributing Member

I would like to see the Jazz slip a little. I mean, we did blow them out.

9. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

too bad all 4 of our games against the SUNS are the second-night of a back-to-back... so we just might go 0-4 against the suns

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We should be ahead of Utah. They should be #5 while we and the Spurs each move up one position.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding, that seems like cruel and unusual if you ask me

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Don't worry we'll take care of the suns next ;)

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

fyi the rankings are nba.com not espn misleading thread title

14. szman86

szman86 Contributing Member

utah is overrated

15. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

u cant consider a team "top 2"when they get raped by a certain team(Suns) by 30 points EVERYTIME they meet.
    And let me tell you why u can't beat Phoenix with a slow tempo:1. in previous playoffs the way Dallas and Spurs beat Phoenix is outscoring them with very high scoring games.
    2. Suns dont seem to do that well against teams also plays a uptempo game, like Washington and Seattle.
    3. They rape typical halfcourt teams like Miami, Houston and Memphis (2004 playoff)
    4. Their scoring is always gonna be there cuz of Nash

#15 liu1107, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  16. ShakeYoHipsYao

You were fooled.

17. yowyao

yowyao Member

their focus of attention before is yao! marion fronting him and diaw on the back! now, were playing without him, and im pretty sure they will be confused on what kind of play we would use on them.

18. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Maybe we can just try to avoid the Suns in the playoffs b/c frankly, we just don't match very well against them. Actually, the real reason behind our failure against the suns is that our guards(mainly Rafer)can't swallow their pride, play a half court game and take advantage of Yao's mismatch inside, especially when Nash is serving them facials. Basically they get suckered into a fast pace game where we have no chance of winning.

19. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

That is such bull. As long as we got our defense going, we can beat them. The thing is, the Suns team is very hard to defend. Especially for us because they beat us with faster, quicker players. Our lost earlier this season came before we started to really gel and play that #1 defense we have been playing.

Sure you can beat the Suns by outscoring them, but it's not impossible to beat them with a slow tempo and stifling defense. Our strong suit is defense, and not scoring. If we can defend the Suns well, we will beat them.

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Utah will drop to around .500 by the end of the seaon.