1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Hawk Pro Skater Players?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, Nov 5, 2001.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Anyone played Tony Hawk 3?

That game is ungodly AMAZING!!! If you liked it's forefathers, this one seriously rocks. By far the coolest thing you can do is a revert off of vert moves which you can turn into a manual...

If you don't know what I just said don't sweat it...

It's quite good...

:)

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

dh, I had no idea that you skate... or at least play video games about skating. :)

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My brothers both skate and surf, but they're younger and healthier than me... (they both have season passes to Van's Skate Park up on the west side of town) But yeah, everything I knew about skating before playing Tony Hawk I knew from my brothers or just watching the X games... (started watching in like '95 cause they were going on around the NBA draft)

And I actually met Tony Hawk in Long Beach last summer, which was kind of cool... But heh, myself, I don't actually skate, although I've got that mentality now where EVERYWHERE I go I think to myself, "Wow, this place would be cool to skate, etc."

;)

Of course, my brothers don't play ball.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Since Basketball is starting I opted to but NBA Live 2002 over THPS3 , I loved The First Tony Hawk and still hold one of the all time records on the internet (without cheats) , The Second one was juts as good and I Can easily get 2 million points without cheats thanks to the manual which makes tricks easier to combo .All this and I cant even ride a skateboard . I'll get Have to wait and see how good the Third one is before I buy it . From what I've seen of NBA Live 2002 , I have enjoyed Madden 2002 a lot better but I have only had the game for a day .

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is it a renter or a keeper if your a non-skater. I have watched some of my friends in the past do some pretty cool skating.

What it the replay value? Competitions? Real skate park locations?

I was thinking about getting this for XBox. I assume your playing on a PS2.

thanks