1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those that still believe t-mac worked hard during his rehab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jan 15, 2009.

1. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Well, it sounds like Tracy is working hard now:

I spoke with both Dave Macha and Wayne Hall today. Both laughed at how brutal the workouts have been. Macha said he will need to know when McGrady will play so he can back off, but has not been given a date, yet. -- Jonathan

Feigen Blog

2. onreego

onreego Member

Its obvious to see that Tmac did not push himself during his rehab but I would have to say that this source has as much validity as David Aldridge's source.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As I said, the PR spin is starting....they have to build up Tmac's image, don't want him booed, when he comes back.

But, on the flip side, I am GLAD they are working him out so hard.....he needs to be pushed, he has a lot to prove.

But if you read it closely....(Like us conspiracy nuts do) please take note that there is "NO TIMETABLE FOR HIM TO RETURN"....yet....

It is not 2 weeks...it is......whenever.....which seems to back up Docs and Persians stories....

DD

#103 DaDakota, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thing with that is of course they will say he is working real hard. But is he really doing it? I hope so but they also said that he was working really hard when he went on his last break. I remember in the off-season Morey said he was working real hard. All this is probably pure PR talk. Hopefully he really is working hard but we probably will never know for sure.

5. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Maybe you're right, we won't know until we see what kind of shape he shows up in.

6. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

Does it really matter now, we need Tmac to win a champion. This team is build for him and Yao. So as long as he gets back into shape with these 2 weeks and actually show up for the playoff. Lets forgive and forget

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup, but even if he shows up in shape I think that knee will give him problems the rest of the season. But being in shape will definitely help his game.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was actually a trainer at the rehab center where McGrady worked this offseason and I can vouch that not only was McGrady working hard but that your sister is actually blind and also a communist.

9. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Thanks for sharing. Never really understood why the TMac apologists stand up for McGrady so much, especially when its clear that he did not rehab to his fullest capabilities. Also, not sure why your friend or sister would lie about such a thing, which is why your story is believable. The way you described his demeanor during his rehab actually suits his personality on the court.

10. esteban

esteban Member

Tmac's dreamlike God given talent is also his biggest Achilles' heel.

Guys that have the kind of talent that Tmac has unfortunately tend to take it for granted.

I was on the satellite pro tennis tour for a few years back in the late 80s and early 90s, I picked up an assortment of injuries so I get to know rehab really well, you can call rehab my best friend.

The work you put in rehab has nothing to do with that workout video you guys saw between Tmac& his trainer. That workout is the next phase after the doctor&therapist discharged you from rehab.

Infact, if you don't have a really good strength& conditioning trainer, the routine you are doing can cause you more harm than good.

I can still remembered my rehab vividly, everyday you do the same tedious movement over and over, the weights you lift are not sexy weights like 300, 400+lbs, instead they're small weights that go up in small increments.

The number one key in a successfull rehab program is the desire of the athlele ,to get back to the court equal or better than
    prior to the injury.

You can look at the tales of two stars: Yao & Tmac. Both have serious injuries that required surgeries, this is where the similarity ends.

Yao, because of his short comings(his physical limitations) has always been a hard worker, clearly had the desire to put in the work, so he can come back for the Olympics to represent his country.

Tmac on the other hand, because of his" out of this world talent", took it for granted, hence the results speak for itself.

I can't confirm whether the OP's sister story is true or not, this is only an opinion based on my previous experience with rehab.

I don't know if it's too late or not but I hope Tmac isn't finished yet!

11. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

There's no bias on this board. So starting a thread on some alleged story from a completely unbiased source is an exception. And then finding all the unbiased people who are unquestionably difficult to persuade to comment on this unbiased story makes it bulletproof. 4 star approval. What more do you need to know?