1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those that still believe t-mac worked hard during his rehab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Jan 15, 2009.

1. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Quote: Originally posted by dandorortik
    "T-Mac and Clyde Drexler are very similar in many respects. Both had a reputation for not practicing hard, both criticized coaches and teammates early in their careers, and both had that "coasting on their talent" reputation. The difference is that Clyde was much more diplomatic about when to criticize teammates and he had a fantastic team in Portland. If T-Mac was on that Portland team, I guarantee you they would've gone to the Finals, as well. "
    -----
    You've have to be joking! Clyde ran Adelman system perfectly and If you remember last year Tracy didn't much care for Ricks system and still doesn't seem to run it effectively, you know being a ball stopper and all. It has alot to do with the players I.Q. not just the ability to put the ball in the hole. To top all that off Tracy couldn't carry Cylde jock strap. Cylde still seems like he'd like to walk over to Mcgrady and just give him a b**** slap in the face and tell him to man up and quit being a pud. Your quote is a insult to Cylde "The Glide" Drexler, as he's earned his nickname. Just as Tracy is earning his, whatever that is? you be the judge.

IMO it's, Tracy "Fools Gold" Mcgrady.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that clyde and tmac comparison is a poor one. You can coast on talent when you're healthy and actually give 100% when you play. You can't coast on talent alone when you've got injuries, your body is falling apart, and you give 50% effort when you do play. Clyde was lucky he didn't have chronic injuries or else he'd be in the same boat as Tmac. Once you start having health issues its your reponsability to address them, tmac has not, at least not well enough.

3. jajayao

jajayao Member

My baby's mama, sister in-law, cousin, uncle, step brother, works at Yao's restaurant as a dishwasher. He said they cook with a lot of MSG there. No wonder Yao can't hit a clutch shot and always looks winded. :rolleyes:

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Before you speak, how about you do some research. Go read about Clyde's relationship with Coach Mike Schuler. Go read about Kevin Duckworth's, Buck Williams', and Terry Porter's comments regarding Clyde's "practice habits." Go read about Clyde's problems in the Houston locker room post-1995.

Clyde ran Rick's system perfectly because he had, let's see, Jerome Kersey, Kevin Duckworth, Buck Williams, Terry Porter, Cliff Robinson, and Danny Young. He had the perfect teammates to run that system. You think Yao fits into Rick's system? Yes, of course.

BTW, Clyde mentions all of this in his biography, which I have read cover-to-cover twice. But I guess Clyde was lying about himself, though.

5. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

1. Tracy is not a Baby or is he?
    2. Trainer is a facilitator and Tracy is a dominator.

6. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

He might have thought that he needed to wait 6 months before he can have full workout. So in that case there is nothing wrong to be NOT working out.

7. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

agreed, im sorry

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

It could be true or it can't be not, this is the past, hopefully tmac will work hard during the week he had off, giving him benefit of the doubt as posted above me by dandorotik. Also tmac have many other injuries but knee was the main one or the shoulder idk i forgot sorry lol.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did Clyde ever quit on his teamates in a game? Did he ever lay down?

I would take 100 Clydes over TMac every day of the week.

DD

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I would guess, that the reality of how hard Tracy works is somewhere between the two extremes to which we as fans and clutchfans members are exposed.

Does he work as hard as the hardest working player, to stay in the best shape and rehab as quickly and efficiently as humanly possible? No. Is he completely slack, and borderline guilty of the ultimate jakejob, faking injuries and not working out or caring if he returns healthy or on time? No.

I would say that the story is probably somewhat true, though somewhat vague and nondescript. He probably didn't work as hard as he could. But I doubt he spends ALL the time he should be working out goofing off etc.

I would also say that when people hear that, they tend to overreact, and that it's probably not as bad as everyone thinks. Would we like him to be perfect? Yes. Is he? No. Will he ever reach his potential? Who knows, but not everyone does. All I can say is I agree that this song does get a little tiring, and when it's said and done, I trust Adelman and Morey to evaluate what's best for the team.

Hopefully, he will get right, the team will keep us afloat (We looked good against the lakers) and when it comes time, he will shine and we will progress into the playoffs with him being healthy. I personally question whether he could play a whole season and stay healthy anyway, whether he came to preseason in shape or not. Maybe this is his way of shortening the season and finding a way to be at his best when it counts. Lame, perhaps, but if that's all there is ... well...

Are we getting what we pay him for? Well, debatable... time will tell. His contract is up soon... we shall see.

11. dandorotik

OK, dictionary lesson here, kids. "Very" and "completely" have different meanings; "many" and "all" are not synonyms, as well. This thread was talking about T-Mac supposedly not working hard at rehabilitation, someone else brought up about not practicing hard, and I simply stated that Clyde and T-Mac are similar in that they

(1) had incidents in the past where they criticized their coaches (Clyde's was much worse than T-Mac's, actually- he went to the office and basically told them he wanted Schuler out);

(2) had the reputation among teammates of not practicing hard (in Drexler's case, as told by Buck, Duckworth, Terry Porter, etc.- direct quotes from the book;

(3) criticized their teammates for lack of performance (Drexler, like Mac, did not say this in public, but Drexler admits he used to get on certain players;

(4) felt somewhat of an entitlement attitude (Drexler says he was very angry about having a limited role in his first season in Portland, as well as in the season before he was traded to Houston; he actually admits to feeling he was 'entitled' to be a starter straight out of college);

(5) did not work hard off the court (Drexler doesn't mention this specifically about an injury, but he does readily admit that he didn't practice that much in the off-season, and he says he was always the last one in and the first one out).

And this whole quitting business is overblown. What, you're going to tell me that all players put 100% in every game? C'mon, that's ridiculous. I'm not saying he didn't do it or that it was right for him to do that, but that whole Blinebury thing about the "day McGrady quit on his team was when he let Jamario Moon slam it without even trying to play defense" is pathetically overblown. C'mon, I've seen many players give up on individual plays, and I can tell you that many players (cough Kobe Sacramento cough) have had games where they've just mailed it in. The Toronto game was one game, and people make it out like it was a Pippen refusing to go into a playoff game at a critical time.

It's like every new twist-and-turn in this Rockets Landing saga has all of us overdramatizing everything like we're in the repertory theater or something. Doc doesn't know the full story, neither does Clutch or XYZ or anyone else except the guys in the locker room and the front office. I'm calling "telephone game" on everything else- or better yet, the "Who Cares" game. Those guys are grown men playing for a coach, GM and owner. If something is screwed up, it's their job to fix it amongst themselves.

T-Mac is similar to Clyde in many respects. Clyde does have more positives in his background, I give you that. I think if anyone needs to have a heart-to-heart with Mac, it should be Clyde. I think they sorta see things similar, from what leebigz has said about Mac and what Clyde has said very candidly about himself (you should read it, Clyde is much more open about things in his book, and he doesn't once mention the phrase "consummate professional."

Now, if you drama queens are finished, I'd like to get back to the TV to see how Luke Spencer and Robert Scorpio are going to get themselves out of this next one (let's see who catches that reference). Ah, reruns.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and who shows up to rehab in a limo?? i don't care how rich you are, that's just stupid, especially when you're having a bad season and there's so much drama swirling around, you're basically earning millions to do nothing, the fans aren't getting their money's worth and being extravagant like that is like a slap in the face...what's next? Drinking wine courtside when he's in street clothes??

13. dandorotik

Wow, people are really losing it. He showed up to rehab in a limo IN THE SUMMER BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. :rolleyes:

14. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

4 stars for an unverified rumor... wow... new IQ low.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You know, I actually learned something from this thread I didn't know before:

T-Mac and Battier did their summer rehab together.

16. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

I don't know how reliable the source is, but I do know some scouts questioned TMAC's working attitude before the draft.
    TMAC IS a lazy guy. He proved it.

17. 1onewonjuan

1onewonjuan Member

tmac will lead this team past the 1st round

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

you don't have a baby, not to say his/her mother; you don't even have a sister in law; you don't have an uncle; you don't have a step father or step mother, not to say a step brother. You know sh!!t.

19. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

Some questions:

1 - why do u say this info NOW and not in November?
    2 - Battier was working hard and he is not yet 100%. Why?

Sorry, but if I have to criticize Tracy, I will do it based of what he does on the court, and now he sucks...I don't need rumors about what he did/didn't while rehabbing

GO ROCKETS!!!

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Trying to compare Tracy and Cylde is like comparing apple to oranges. That's like saying all blue cars are the same, because they have four wheels, a motor and a radio.

Have a heart to heart with Tracy? Do you think anyone can get threw to this guy? Cylde looks like he can't stand the guy and would rather b**** slap him instead of having a heart to heart. And if you think Cylde had something to say to some of his teammates about their play, just image what he he wants to tell Tracy.

And did you actually see the play were Moon blew pass Tracy? It's not just "one individual play" have you ever seen or ever seen Cylde jog from 3pt line to 3pt line and play with no enthusiasm. These guys are two different animals, no matter how you spin it or try to connect the dots, it just doesn't add up. Please study your dictionary and watch your reruns but don't insult Cylde "The Glide" Drexler!