1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Finn and Ren

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Robert Snyder, Jan 19, 2001.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Well, I'm guessing this trade won't go through due to the "Maximum Protests Filed"

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

well, I asked one of the guys responsible for Sandbox about whether or not protests were exclusively for collusion or not and this is the response I got:

"Challenge any trade you feel is unbalanced. Commish will deny any trade that doesn't equally benefit both teams, whether or not Collusion is evident."

Now, all the trades that have occurred up to this point have been fairly even so far IMO, except for maybe the Walker one.

But this one is bad. Bad bad bad. Maybe if you replaced someone for Mercer in the deal, or something else, I don't know.

If the commish approves, then fine. But if he rejects it I'm sure you can see why Finn.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I read all the protests (all 3 of them) and I read your post in the penalty box Crisco.

I agree with them. No problem here.

Damn, some of you guys are so serious (smeg [​IMG])

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

4. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Ok, If you're going to protest one, then protest both!

I recieved both trades at the same time and with both of them combined I get better with more combined points. Now, since it looks like I lose this one with Finn, then the other one rapes me in the ass.

Look, I know I could have just sat on my ass all season, since I had Malone and 2-3 other hot players with no support around them. And I could continue to fall short every game, but damnit I am sick of losing by less than 30-50 points. I guess some of you in my position (11/14) would just sit on your ass and let the Big 3 rack up points and be content with always being short, but I want to try something different. If I continue to lose, nothing lost since I already was. If I start winnning then I got something out of it.

I know at the beginning of the season I rejected all trade requests, but I was in the middle of the pack and I thought some of my people like Pippen would improve. But I got hit by injury to my guards and I started losing. I have lost 7 straight games! Instead of being the ass in the fantasy league that would just sit on his ass and lose I did a trade. And then I did 2 more.

Anyway, that is where I am "coming from". And if you protested the Finn trade, protest the other one.

Rob

------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure of the rules, but can you cancel the other trade? I've never tried. If you're serious about wanting to cancel one because the other may not go through, then you may want to do that.

I feel for ya man... [​IMG]

------------------
    "No Brain Grant, no trade." -- Typos are a b**** as ZRB is holding Rocket trades hostage while he seeks a brain. Conspiracy theorists say this would explain why Hakeem has yet to be traded...

6. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Once a trade goes to the 2 day waiting process the only way it can be pulled is if it is protested. However, none of the 2 teams in the trade can protest (I had a similiar situation in football a few years ago).

Rob

*edit* BTW, DoD I got your e-mail. I am at work right now, and I have to work tomorrow morning from 8a-12, so I shoot ya something tomorrow afternoon.
    ------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

[This message has been edited by Robert Snyder (edited January 20, 2001).]

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

CK,

my post was written when i first saw the trade and i was real mad, so now that i have had some time to think it over and calm down, I'm still sure that this trade makes a complete mockery of all the fun we have had in this league and it is a complete crock of ****.

So in short I am serious.

Smeg

PS Fadeaway you want Shaq, Mash and Brandon for the 4 guys on your bench???? Just propose it, i'll accept as a parting gesture to the succession of lop-sided trades.

------------------
    CUT Tino
    These Heaves are just getting Ridiculous!

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

cmon Smeg, you aren't serious are you?

I know it was a bad trade, but you don't have to give up.

And hey, I have been looking at some of the message boards on Sandbox, you can protest trades you think are unbalanced, it's not just for collusion. You need 3 protests and the "commish" will review it to decide whether or not it is a fair trade.

I am tempted to protest this one, but I'm not sure.

------------------
    snap crackle pop