1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To clear thing out about Joey Dorsey [!]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Normalus, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Normalus

Normalus Member

I don't feel like everyone appreciate how lucky we are to have Joey Dorsey on our team. From time to time I see clutch fans post things like ''he's garbage, trade him'' or whatever and it's just not fair since he gives everything he has on the floor - even if it's just 2 minutes. He may not be the best option offensively, but he does a lot of things that goes unnoticed by fans.

I would just throw some stats and let you decide guys. ;)

[​IMG]

Stats does not impress right away, but let's look at PER48 (via espn):

• 15.9 RPG is 16th among qualified in NBA tied with Chris Kaman (Dwight Howard 16.4) - he's also 3rd if we sort to players who are 6'9'' and under (Zach Randolph 5th, Bismack Biyombo 8th). Players like Nikola Vucevic, Joakim Noah, Kevin Love and Anthony Davis rebound less than him PER48.
    • 2.63 SPG is 14th among qualified in NBA tied with Alonzo Gee (Trevor Ariza 2.68 is 10th, Corey Brewer 3.21 is 2nd)

He's great defensively, not always, but at only 6'9'' he gives us a lot of good rebounds in addition to his defense - he is one of the reasons why we are one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the league. And with Howard out he was doing hell of a job on the court defensively.

And lately I saw improvement offensively by Joey and I think he deserves some recognition by fans.

[youtube]bMHv0sFYpZE[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You might want to clear up your title. :)-

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You must be a LOF.

Because that's the exact same way they used to glorify Lin's performance.

But you are taking it to another level with Dorsey.

10/10.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Joey Only Fan

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

those advanced stats do not apply to dorsey. he can barely play over 10 mins a game and there's plenty of reasons why.

6. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Extrapolating per 48 on Dorsey??? Lmao!!!

Regardless, Black was better

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

We are lucky to 'v Dorsey

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Other than Dwight he's been the best rebounder we have had on the team at any point this season. 22nd best rebound rate in the league.

Without Dwight I think his minute are justified. It sucks we have to use a guy who is a negative in just about everything else, but he's the best rebounder we have and that's something we are really missing without Dwight.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

looks like Dorsey passes the Normalus test

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'd like to see Dorsey become a better finisher in traffic so he's not such an offensive black hole.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Joey Dorsey plays well for a 3rd string center.

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

scrub who makes one out of every 4 dunks and plays occasional defense. undersized PF playing center position.

13. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

I see this kid likes to troll

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Needs to develop a three point shot.

15. JazzLakerHater

Although I think Dorsey's been a bit better than people on Clutchfans give him credit for, I still can't believe Morey did not go after a legit back up center.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Still think Black has more upside to his game but I have to agree to an extent he's not exactly trash all the time, had a great dunk with DMO running the paint, was pretty awesome to watch live.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

DOF?
    Dorsey Only Fan? Where dey at

19. knucklehead3321

Dorsey is somewhat of an asset hes cheap and a big body good for 6 fouls. I just dont feel like him getting more shots than jones or dmo is a good move. Also alot of nights he gets more or equal PT than them which is a joke when he's on the court its like playing 4 on 5 offensively. Everyone knows hes not getting the ball and if he does all they need to do is foul him, and we lose a possesion without a single chance of scoring.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

PER48 is such a BS stat. Who plays 48 minutes a game? Certainly not anyone named Joey Dorsey. We are lucky if he can play at least 12 minutes for us.