1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Degree in marketing => zero knowledge of the psychology and trauma that rape victims have to go through.

BOTH said it wasn't consensual.

BTW I didn't know that if I went into guy's room that means he can rape me.

As I said. You are a misogynistic scum.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Do you know how many woman actually come forward to report being raped?. Do you know how many women don’t have the strength To Go through a trial. Now imagine a trial that is in front of the whole world. Do I know what happened? No. But having either sides that talking in absolutes I think helps nothing. We don’t know what happened.

3. malakas

malakas Member

He was a good father and a great basketball player and I hope he became a better person and repented wholeheartedly, after having commited a heinous crime.

I believe that people can repent from crimes even murder, and can improve as humans.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This case CHANGED how a lot of athletes carry themselves on the road. A lot less groupie encounters happened after this.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again how can you talk in absolutes. I don’t. I don’t attack either sides because I don’t. I am being honest

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im talking about THIS case. We know a lot about what happened in that room. There was consensual touching and kissing. The question was the intercourse and if that was consensual. Kobe believed it was, the girl said it wasn't. The reason she took the money is she wanted it for college and didn't want to go thru a criminal trial. It was going to be hard to go against Kobe, who had a SQUEAKY CLEAN image.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Most athletes don't rape anyone who enters their room.
    Don't put everyone in the same basket.
    Just because Kobe is a rapist, doesn't mean all athletes or famous people are.
    He had it in him, most people do not.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again talking in absolutes.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Because I have knowledge of the case. Not only physical evidence but Kobe's admittance itself.

He himself with his own words said that it wasn't consensual.
    Not consensual means rape. This is absolute.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Actually you don’t know what really happened. That’s why I can’t talk in absolutes.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

She entered the room, proceeds to make out and they get touchy/feely. The question is: Was the intercourse consensual? Kobe said yes, the girl said no.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Rape victims taking money don't make them any less rape victims.

The families of murder victims take money from killers, I guess that makes their loved ones alive again.:rolleyes:

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are obviously too young to remember the case clearly. There was a lot of back and forth on this case. The only thing really in question was the intercourse part.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Kobe said it wasn't consensual for her aka by the very definition of the word consensual => not consensual at all => RAPE.

There is not one party consensual anything.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

She could have gotten money AND helped the criminal case. She chose NOT to testify in the criminal case.

16. malakas

malakas Member

so what?

I probably wouldn't dare to testify either.
    Who knows if someone won't stab you in the streets for puting their idol behind bars.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

His own words you were referring were apart of the settlement of the lawsuit. He also stated he was innocent. It could have agreed to the settlement and statement to move pass it. We don’t know. I don’t so that’s why I can’t speak in absolutes one way or another

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How do you know how old I am? Also because you watched it on tv and followed in the papers doesn’t make you an expert.

19. malakas

malakas Member

He wasn't required to say it wasn't consensual. He was only required to apologise.

In the same statement he said he was an innocent man who had commited non consensual sex hence he was a rapist.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I feel like I am caught in the middle of you too. I don’t pretend to know what happened. All I am saying I don’t speak in absolutes I don’t know

@Mr.Scarface @malakas