1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMAC talking too much again!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jdhi, Apr 1, 2010.

1. jdhi

jdhi Member

Now he's talking about going back to Orlando!
    Check out this link...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

Tracy McGrady had a tumultuous few years when he played for the Magic, however the small forward said Wednesday that he'd like to return to Central Florida and a sign a contract with Orlando when he becomes a free agent. He also took a dig at their former general manager for trading him to Houston in 2004.

"Of course because it's home, that's home," McGrady told the New York Post. "I hated it that I left. I hated I left because I established myself there and made a name for myself. It was a situation where the GM (John Weisbrod) that was there made a huge mistake. ... They got him out of there because he was out of his mind."
    McGrady feels he can help the Magic win an NBA Championship.

"I think it's possible they'll get back to The Finals," McGrady said. "And if you add me to the mix, I like Orlando. We'll see."

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I believe this belongs in NBA Dish, but anyways...

TMac should not return to Orlando, Toronto, New York, Houston, or anywhere where he's played before. He needs(another) fresh start. If I were him, I'd go to Europe

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

He sure has a big mouth... in NY he hasn't even established himself with the team or fanbase, yet he's already talking about leaving? The ego.

4. sbyang

sbyang Member

This actually makes a lot of sense. He could make the most money there and he wouldn't have to play big minutes.

I have a feeling he's going to finish his career in China, he'd be a huge star there.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

TMAC is just hoping that some team somewhere will want him. He must see the writing on the wall if he is so desperate to try and convince Orlando to take him back.

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Maybe this was an April fools joke. Should u believe any sports articles today

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I thought he wanted to stay in NY and play next to James and Wade. :confused: :rolleyes:

He's just trying to coat tail on the easiest team for a ring the way Malone, Peyton, and all the others did. How lame.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He could fit in Orlando pretty well. They also have the resources to limit his minutes. He would fill Turkoglu's role very closely and provide that passing threat they need. Orlando may be the best place for him.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I really am tired of T-mac thinking he is still in his 2004 shape. Just shutup and play

10. jdhi

jdhi Member

Obviously he still thinks he's the TMAC of '94/'95. Now he's acting like he never wanted to leave. Didn't he demand a trade out of Orlando??

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't see what this has to do with ego. It's a strange comment, and probably not a good one for NYC fans, but it doesn't say anything extraordinary about his ego.

In fact, much of what McGrady said is right. Weisbrod was a dumbass... The whole "Orlando is my home" thing doesn't make much sense, though. He was repeatedly saying the same thing about Houston just a few months ago, and apparently his family lives in the city, too.

... Still, would be interesting to see a VC/McGrady reunion. On paper, that's a pretty damn sick lineup, but of course injuries and wear have taken their toll on the greatest talents in the lineup.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Pretty sure he saiid that while he was still with the Rockets.

No biggie and my level of caring is zero.....

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

These comments aren't actually that bad for a MerGady comment. So he has a big head. All superstars and ex-superstars have one.

Pretty tame.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

One thing is for damn sure...Tmac for good or bad evokes a lot of passion from some of you.

Who gives a **** what Tmac says? I'm a fan of his, but the guy is an absolute pr nightmare for his own self. I don't think anybody would hate him nearly as much if he never talked.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. At the very worst he's Matt Barnes with 20x the natural talent. Plus, at this point nobody is expecting much of him. Could be a nice, low-pressure environment for McGrady where his talent and whatever he has left could still pop up from time to time but he can otherwise let Dwight and company carry him.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

McGrady definitely was dropping similar seeds when we played Orlando in December.

That he's saying this now has me believing that he (and his agent) understand that the Knicks won't come knocking with more than a million or two, and Orlando should be armed with an MLE.

That said, I think Orlando's already way over their comfortable budget and probably aren't falling over themselves to bring back a guy that left on awfully raw terms.

Love his reinvention of history, though.

And 15% of the athleticism and 5% of the hustle and determination. And 0.03% of the defense.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

...and 0% of the need to play in an uptempo or shooter-friendly system the way Barnes has his entire career. But yeah, I get your point. Unfortunately, 'street cred' doesn't matter much to me. Just saying I could see the idea feasibly working out. A low-risk proposition is still a low-risk proposition no matter how you dress it up.

18. amaru

amaru Member

People still talk about the ghost of Tracy McGrady? :confused:

19. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Good projection

How about playing in Shanghai for Yao's team :grin: :grin:

That would be a cool story, bro

20. soinlife

soinlife Member

...the best in sports ENTERTAINMENT Tracy McMaybe, as long as we pay attention it won't stop, I'm tired of NBA caudle treatment, it's bad for the game, the 80's and the 90's kick our a**

caudle-A warm drink consisting of wine or ale mixed with sugar, eggs, bread, and various spices, sometimes given to ill persons.