1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TITANS FANS

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 3, 2002.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

We are back in business.

It's hard to believe, but we now control the division and our own fate despite sucking. Bulluck is making big plays again, Eddie is controlling the tempo, and McNair has methodically moved the team down the field. It's starting to look like our 13-3 years. Watch out NFL. The titans are stomping.

Mason has made a big difference, but If we can get Kearse back we may be superbowl bound again.

2. drapg

drapg Member

woo hoo!!! a thread dedicated to the Titans! and i thought i was the only fan around!

today's victory was great! we're back baby.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Wow, you beat an extremely mediocre team with no running back.

Congrats.

4. mduke

mduke Member

Hehe, the Cowboys beat you.:p

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Yes. That' all true, but now Wychek is wearing his lucky garter belt.

McNair has 21 straight games with a TD pass, eclipsing Warren moons Record....

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like the titans too.

Theyre my number 2 team, behind of the Texans of course.

7. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

its nice to dream isnt it. but losing towashington and dallas automatically makes you really crappy, and i dont see you making the playoffs...you guys are horrible.;) ive never seen so much optimism for a losing team after winning one game :p

by the way, im a packer fan, and i personally think we are gonna win it all, so you know, mebbe im a lil biased.

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

All the titans have to do is win that wretched division they play in to make the playoffs. I don't care how they make it, if they make it, i'll be pleased. It beats the alternative of sitting at home watching other mediocre teams make super bowl runs....

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When does Jevan Kearse get back?

DD

10. PhiSlammaJamma

He's out another 4 weeks, just in time to play Houston and get 4 to 5 sacks.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Tennessee Titans - Commitment to Mediocrity!

Gawd, winning the AFC South is like getting the highest score on your GED exam

12. drapg

drapg Member

Titans' Kearse may return to field on Sunday

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee defensive end Jevon Kearse and running back Robert Holcombe may play Sunday against Houston, while quarterback Steve McNair wore a boot Monday for turf toe on his right foot.

The Titans had earlier listed Kearse, who broke a bone in his left foot, and Holcombe, who cracked his hip at the joint socket, as out. Coach Jeff Fisher said the players will be listed as questionable Wednesday in their first injury report of this week.

"Between the two of them, I'd say Robert probably has a better chance although Jevon did some running on the practice field today. We're going to watch him daily and see how he is. He could be a game-time decision for us this week,'' Fisher said.

The Titans have not had Kearse since he broke his foot on the second play of the opener. Fisher said they will not rush him back.

"If he's able to rush on third down, then he should be able to play. We're not going to put him out there and say, 'OK, rush on third down because we're not quite sure whether this is healed or not and have a problem if he plays,'' Fisher said.

The Titans returned home from their 23-15 victory over Indianapolis very banged up. Fisher said McNair strained a groin muscle and could not put a shoe on Monday because of swelling. He was put into a boot to ease the swelling from playing on artificial turf at Indianapolis.

McNair has played through turf toe on his left foot, which required surgery in February 2000 for a bone spur.

Free safety Lance Schulters dislocated his left shoulder and had an MRI exam Monday. Fisher said Schulters told the medical staff he would play against the Texans (2-6).

"There's a chance he could play with a harness,'' Fisher said.

Starting middle linebacker Randall Godfrey is seeking a third opinion on his right ankle, which he sprained in the opener. Starting safety Tank Williams was better Monday after hurting his neck and shoulder against Indianapolis. Receiver Justin McCareins bruised his hip and sprained a knee after being hit while fair catching a punt.

Starting cornerback Samari Rolle sprained a shoulder, but Fisher said he should play.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is that a NFL Record otherwise he is not Eclisping Moons
    Cause Moons is a HOUSTON Record. . . .

Rocket River