1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Titans at Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I want to throw up.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

WOW... Great game... There's your MVP.

3. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

How about them Titans!!!! Oh my GOD!!! I love STEVE MVP McNair.

Good game Texans... You guys played the Titans tough!!! But that is why I want the ball in Steve McNairs hands with time left. What a warrior!!! This guy is awesome!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I feel sick :(

5. Dream34

The Colts can have Peyton. We have our MVP in McNair...

Bring on the playoffs baby!!!

What a sweet win!!! Yes!!!!!

6. Dream34

What a great day. Just finished watching Lord of the Rings Return of the King and got to see the last 2.5 minutes of the Titans/Texans game. This is true bliss!!!!!

:)
    :D
    ;)

7. Master Baiter

People like this is why Houston will never be a great or even above average sports town. The Texans are Houstons team now not the b*stard Titans. I hate the Titans. Go Texans.

8. Master Baiter

The Colts will kick the Titans ass. Go Colts.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You claim to be such a big fan, yet you're watching a 3 hour movie during the time your supposed favorite team, and the player you worship, are playing in a very very important game for their playoff lives?

And you knew the game was on tv?

Look up the definition of bandwagon/fair-weather fan and stop posting your jubiliation if you support your team this way.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

If the Texans can play like that against the Colts the Titans may still win the division. AFC is unreal this year.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't believe this. I knew when we scored, we left too much time on the clock. We should have run it up the middle a few times before we ran DD around the corner. It was first and goal. Why in the hell do we not run some clock?

TOTALLY DEVASTATED

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yet on the TD play, they actually tried to send rushers.

Blame the fact that we didn't pressure him at all most of the game... either our D-line is awful, or their O-line is very good... probably a combo of both.

There's soo many things that we could question in this game, but in the end, the better team won.

I doubt Tennessee will get past a better tem in the playoffs, however.... especially if they have to play at Baltimore.

13. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

gayness :(
    go texans

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the ending to this game brought back way too many memories of the early-90s Houston Oilers. Coleman looked just like Sean Jackson, leaving his man wide open for the touchdown.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, the Texans played like that because the Titans allow their recievers to waltz thru on slant patterns, and their horrible defense can somewhat contain the Titans sputtering offense till the end.

Both of these things won't happen against the Colts... they're that much better than Tennesee right now.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

How about Lewis, he had 500 yards against the Browns this year. That is sick. He's definately having an MVP season too.

17. Master Baiter

I retract this statement until after next weeks game. Go Texans and then in the playoffs go Colts.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So a guy who has an average/mediocre performance for most of the game, and leads one good drive at the end = MVP?

What if Peyton comes in and his team jumps out to a 28-0 lead at halftime, courtesy of his 4 TD passes (like he did last week against Atlanta).

There's no drama in that, but THOSE are MVP numbers just as well.

I credit McNair greatly.... he was awesome on that final drive... but I think everybody is getting caught up in the drama.

Peyton's got better numbers, and a better team. He even has the better last second comeback.

He's your MVP.

19. Dream34

Nick and Master Baiter... You guys stop pouting. We need you to be rooting for your Texans next week against the Colts... Go Texans next week!!!!

The Texans need to put a good whopin on the Colts... Play hard next week as you have all year... Much respect to the Texans.

Nick - You know nothing about me if you call me a bandwagon fan Titans fan...

Hopefully we get to play one more winning game at Houston in Feb 04!!! Go Titans!!!!

20. PhiSlammaJamma

McNair had to throw 67 yards to a former QB on the final drive. Let's not forget that McNair is weaponless when compared to Manning. Manning is great tho'. Interesting article in the Denver Post that claims Manning will be next to impossible to sign next year. No comments from Manning. And I think the Colts will restructure somehow. But the salary cap is going to make it a serious problem for the Colts.