1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tinfoil Hat] It was rigged.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zipcrash, May 3, 2014.

1. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

probably going to get attacked, banned, locked. sore loser. whatever.

but this feels rigged. i don't even care about the rockets right now. i feel completely let down as a basketball fan. not even disappointed in the rocket's play. some flubs, but at least they had a half court offense going, but i digress.

watch the clippers vs warriors game 6. can't think of other games atm, but if you watched and noticed some ref steering. let me know.

there was almost 6 game 7s. huge ratings boom. you have to take into account the reputation plunge from donald sterling.

if you are honest, you know the lillard turnover was gifted to the rockets. the ESPN ref looked dumbfounded. rushed with no review. phantom calls all game.

the strangely favorable odds vegas gave before game 5.

everything looked like this was going 7. especially when you see the numerous other game 7s popping up.

2. Andrew Wiggins

I think it was, but it came down to the final shot. Thats all i ask. I want them to win because they took it, not because the refs out them on the line which they did the entire second half.

I blame mchale for putting jones in the wrong spot. He should have denied the three point shot because they had three players over there ready to catch and shoot. Aldridge had to catch and shoot over howard. We want that. Dont deny that. The ball needs to go inside because it takes much longer to get a shot up unless it is an alley and that is not aldrdiges game.

Poor coaching and reffing cost us the series. As well as harden early on and some poor decisions by lin. Parsons is a second rounder who is making less than a million. I dont care if he doesnt show up.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

They were favoring the rockets in game 6. I'm pretty sure they wanted game 7.

Didn't expect the buzzer winner.

4. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

I don't think the risk justifies the reward. Imagine the scandal that would occur if this was leaked, it would be 100x times bigger than the Sterling situation. And you have x100 more people having to become involved.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It was rigged to come down to the final shot, but credit is due to Damien Lillard for making it, and criticise the Rockets for blowing the defense there.

6. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

who cares if the rockets won or not. this is bigger than one team.

7. BAM

BAM Member

i believe they wanted a game 7 also
    the fouls calls going to howard and the lilard gift
    should have won it with howards free throws but he missed 4 i the final minutes

8. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

sterling could always spill the beans.

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

we got the benefit of the call when lillard was supposedly out of bounds.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not rigged. We just lost.

11. DocRock

DocRock Member

They tried to give us this one, Dwight just missed his FTs.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

People made money on the Rockets bc they covered the spread...

Vegas wanted Houston to win...unfortunately...there are bigger things in play...Tell me the LA media market had zero financial influence after losing a player of a Dwight's caliber...to a city like Houston. The refs were not gonna favor the Rockets at all this series...its the reason why the highest scoring team and highest FT shooting team was neck and neck with portland the entire series...the officiating was horrendous and the calls made have destroyed the integrity of the game...

13. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

oh nvm. i didn't even read the OP. i thought he said it was rigged this series and that's why we lost.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm used to this ****. You 20 year olds, get used to it. You kinda develop a thick skin and brush it off ya shoulder after 15 years of disappointment.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

If it were rigged, then it was rigged to go seven like the other series. At the end of the day, the more games that are played the more money everyone makes. The NBA, the TV stations, the owners, concessions, ticket sales.... which is possibly why the Rockets got the raw end of the calls in the first two home games.

That huge out bounds call on the baseline tonight was questionable at best. Had Lillard not hit that shot, that's all you'd be hearing about right now.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think so but man that was a huge call in that situation.

17. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

it's not one team. they don't care who wins. it's ratings and money. always remember, it's a business.

18. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Exhibit A. JVG syndrome still exists.
    Exhibit B. NBA hates Dwight for backstabbing their Lakers.

continue

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

THE troll is back again. HES everywhere.

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

THIS was the right call. a player cant come back inbound for a rebound unless the ball has hit the ground