1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time To Do Our Part: Crowdsourcing Solutions To Empty Seats at TC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I like this idea. Maybe not given up, they can take over the seats of the fan who got the upgrade.
    I see many people complained about traffic, maybe have free shuttle buss? That should greatly reduce the # of cars on the road.
    Also fans can share rides with other fans for a small cost(cheaper than parking fee). Warriors are working with Lyft for Uber to reduce traffic jam.

Ozzy, ApacheWarrior and DonKnock like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not saying you're wrong, but how does cost-of-living prorate the raw numbers?

How do Concessions and Parking compare with other teams?

Rockets haven't won a championship in 20 years and no Finals appearance during same span.

I do think Houston fandom in general is subpar though.

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yes

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Holograms man, holograms

Nook, Lawlruschang and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Exactly, and the Red Rowdy’s come ready to represent each and every game. Every team raves about them.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Bob Barker 007

The Red Rowdies suck. They need to go away, not be given more privileges. No one participates in the chants that go over the PA system because the Red Rowdies are doing some completely unrelated thing that's distracting.

Rockets34Legend, KDavis and mario_v like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Let them rock, especially that one pretty girl

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That I did not know. All I know is opposing players have show envy towards the group. Then separating them
    might be a good thing (into the lower levels). Their clothes play the role well.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. valorita

valorita Member

1) Pick out 50-100 strategic seats in the lower bowl

2) select an equal amount of the top attending season ticket holders of the upper bowl and upgrade them to lower bowl

3) sell the difference in price of upgrading them to local or national business and have the fans wear merchandise as the price of marketing contract

You're welcome

Ozzy, Lawlruschang and DonKnock like this.
  11. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

This is the only solution

Ozzy and DonKnock like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Definitely a great idea for everyone involved here!

Awesome contribution!:)

Ozzy likes this.
  13. Nivos

Nivos Member

To be honest i think most teams have that issue. Its just that LA, Miami NY, and even Golden State tickets are taken by tourists.
    When I lived in Miami most of the people in the games were not local.
    I would pay a lot of money to be in a Rockets game when Im in town. Unfotunately Houston is not a tourist destination.
    I've been in pretty much all over the states and never been to Houston. Next week I'll be there and really hoped I can finally be in a home game, but the Rockets are out of town :(
    So my solution is- Put Houston on the tourist map!

Ozzy, Lawlruschang, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  14. fiersdownbelow

I love you.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

get rid of the shitty music

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So after fees, $280ish?

SIL

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Always works for me. Pick a game that won't draw a massive crowd, too, like the Bucks or Timberwolves.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Free sex

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

For me it’s just the stage of life. The boy is about to be 2, even if we had the disposable income and even if we got pawpaw and B.B. to watch him....a night off is way nicer sounding than going to the games lol...

But I’d really like to go this year. I’ve been a lot in the last decade just not the last few years.

41 games season tickets have to be hella expensive though. May have To see about the mini packs but I have an idea there too...selling the obvious big games, is fine and all...but market one or two packs that aren’t the obvious crowd pleasers. Everyone is coming to see Lebron, the warriors, etc...have a pack for super cheap To get people in for weaker teams where the rockets are the main draw. Texas two step, 2 spurs game 2 mags games for 200? Get creative with packages. Get real creative. That’s my solution.

Nook and DonKnock like this.
  20. NateNate

NateNate Member

Excellent points! I say that because I tell my buddy these exact same things all the time. Although, this isn’t the answer for the problem it is a problem. They still play 80’s rock in the arena for crying out loud. I went to last nights game and now that you mentioned Clutch I don’t even remember seeing him, and I totally forgot there’s a new person under there. Wack. There are a lot of times I faintly hear the rowdies chant starting to spread and the PA will totally kill any kind of traction. Kill the clap clap clap thing already. Only thing they do good over there are the Clint C videos hahaha. The good thing is I really do believe that new ownership cares about these things. Only time will tell.

Bob Barker 007 and DonKnock like this.