1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Legler on Espn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman84, Mar 18, 2008.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Tim Legler was just on Espn and here is the recap....

- said the Rockets are contenders and anyone that thinks otherwise it our of their minds

- said "the cat is out of the bag" and the rockets are a team with loads of confidence

-said Mac is now in the convo for MVP but is still behind kobe and KG

discuss...

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

He's been giving the Rockets alot of respect lately.

3. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

We don't need props,We need to keep the way we compete and play defense speak for itself.

4. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

He can go to hell after he said they didn't have a prayer after they lost Yao for the season.

5. Ryan Dong

Ryan Dong New Member

Our achievement obtained respect

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

before the season began tim legler said we were the dark horse to win the title. tim legler gives love to the rockets imo. the key word is playing with confidence.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

flip flops. please, if you didn't think tmac can lead this team to the playoffs (after what he did last season went out), you don't watch the rockets enough.

i don't respect people who said we had NO CHANCE for the playoffs. but i don't disagree if they said we're not a championship level team.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wouldn't go so far as to call us contenders. I don't think it's fair to expect this team, without Yao, to contend. I'd rather the media keeps doubting us, while at the same time giving us props for continually exceeding expectations.

9. jli

jli Member

How much does he make by offering nothing at all ?

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Well, any "expert" that is outside of Houston only has enough time to go by national games and box scores. The rockets didn't have as many national games and their record 15-17 didn't leave much to be desired.

I don't get as angry about those who changed their tune after we started winning because they are only beginning to see our team. I just don't think a team with 3 point shooters like us, the best defense in the league, and atleast one star should ever be anything but a contender.

All of the better teams have either great defense or alot stars.

11. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

More espn topics.....keep them in the same thread.

12. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

legs is the only analysist thats called us a contender. hes always been a rockets guy even picked us to beat Dallas 2 years ago. i dont think we're a contender though, not even with Yao.

13. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I agree with you 100 percent...Regular season success means nothing in the playoffs. Dallas was a perfect example last season.

We should be under dogs without Yao and I like it that way.

14. bbjai

bbjai Member

I can't believe Chris Paul is not in front of either of those guys. Chris Paul is the driver of this New Orleans team. If we drop Mac we probably won't play as well but we'd still win a few games. New Orleans without Chris Paul is useless. Pathetic
    not even worth mentioning

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

we've won 22 in a row.

whatever happens next we're contenders.

16. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

We are a great group of guys with no egos and we support each other. In a team sport, that's what it's all about as we are playing with a great level of confidence,

17. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Its all a secret plan by them to build the Rockets up so they can write the what went wrong articles after a loss or two.(Hey, we wont go 16-0 in the play-offs)

18. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Don't care what the media says anymore....good or bad. All I know is we are the BEST RIGHT NOW.

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Imo, Rockets are one of the top teams but you cannot say that Rockets are the best team. (NOH is a beast, Celtics are good)

20. jlwee

jlwee Member

Suddenly everyone is on the rockets bandwagon. I bet they will change their tones again once the rockets lost a game or two!