1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilly's vision and direction of this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Dec 12, 2023.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

13:13

'at the same time we'll never be complete here at the Rockets until we all have rings and i have two rings for being involved with Alexander but it's not the same…'
    I feel so excited also pretty heart warming when i hear tilly saying the a/m words and following this he speak his mind about our young players.
    So nice, he got a vision.

2. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Big words now, but empty talk for me considering what he did the last time they were competitive.

xiki, slothy420, cbass and 4 others like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Thanks for the vid. Good info.

Nice to see our coach Sudoku with the hard hat :D @Jontro

[​IMG]

xiki, slothy420, Nook and 5 others like this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    Damn sexy no wonder…

Tfor3, Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i believe in the tillmen. he will prove to be a much better owner than le$, buss, and huge hefner

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bruh can we stop with the false narratives? Seriously. Harden and Cp3 were competitive but they had literally 1 shot and then the window closed ok?

This is so dumb y'all keep repeating the same **** like it's gonna come true if you keep saying it. The 2nd time Cp0 and Harden couldn't even beat game 7 vs an injured GSW team so can we please end this nonsense?

They were done. They were even feuding so what the F are you talking about? Contenders my ass they were nothing but pretenders.

RocketOrg likes this.
  7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

All they needed was to win one more game in 2018-19 and they're the #2 seed playing a GS team at half strength. Instead we lose Ariza and replace him with James Ennis (LOL) and MCW (LMAO). Don't get me started on the Danuel House nonsense and waiting until March to not trigger the Luxury tax.

That, and I'll NEVER forgive him for forcing through the CP3 for Westbrook trade, we still haven't seen the worst of that. What's really funny is that the Rockets at least take the Lakers the distance with CP3 instead of Westbrick that year, hamstrings take like 18 months to fully heal from and instead Tilly dumps him and sends OKC all the picks too.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ime looks good as a construction worker......Udo Honcho fr fr.

Should have done that in 2009 or 2018.

DeBeards and saleem like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Flashbacks to JVG with those hard hats. :D

Nook and Tfor3 like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

WELL THEY DIDNT WIN ONE MORE GAME. That's really your lead in? Complaining about **** that didn't happen? You realize if I had 20 Billion dollars I'd be richer than Fertita and can buy this team from him? WTF dude.

Oh yeah Ariza, oh my god we lost FINALS MVP and GOAT Ariza. Cuz you know, Ariza would've beaten Steph and Klay and all the rest. Gimme a break dude. You realize James Ennis who you lold at had 56% TS right? Meanwhile Goat Ariza had 54.9% TS in 2019? At best they were even. Danuel House? Really? Contender? Danuel House? You think those 2 words are related? Waiting until March to trigger House ok so who cares about the regular season? Rings are won in the playoffs not the regular season. Your complaint is literally useless since House played like **** in the playoffs and has been **** ever since. Ariza and House have been nonfactors so I don't even why you think those matter. They would have just been overpriced contracts Morey would have had to get rid off for more picks later on.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/ennisja01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/arizatr01.html

So really your complaints about "Fertita breaking up a contender" devolve into not paying Ariza his overpriced contract and Danuel freaking House? You realize you are either insane or dumb AF right?

CP3 and WB trade was done to MAKE ROCKETS A CONTENDER. I'm fine if you wanna get angry at Fertita forcing the WB trade but it was done TO MAKE A CONTENDER NOT BREAK UP A CONTENDER. You are literally blaming Fertita for the opposite of what he was trying to do. Cp3 and Harden were done, the WB trade was a desperation heave to extend the window a little longer. So how is that breaking up a contender?

Either way saying youll never forgive Fertita for breaking up a contender is just wrong and a trash take.

#10 roslolian, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    vince likes this.
  11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Perhaps they win another game had they kept Ariza, who was a far better defender than Eniis, or sign Danuel House before March, or not launch the r****ded Carmelo experiment (though tbf that was on everyone). If any of those contribute to a single win than the Rockets make the WCF at least.

Don't even get started on the Westbrook trade, a trade made to dump "The Worst Contract in Basketball". Even hamstrung CP was better than Russ, it's a brain-dead move that even everyone here knew was a disaster on day zero. There is no justifying that trade.

slothy420, jch1911, cbass and 2 others like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anything can happen so really this argument makes zero sense. What if Ariza contracted covid and infected Harden and Cp3? Makes as much as sense as your suppositions. All we know is ever since Ariza has been let go he has sucked ass and nobody in their right mind has said he was worth the 15M he was signed to. Based on that there is no evidence on what you are talking about since the Rockets were beaten pretty convincingly and CP3 and Harden both have a history of choking hard in the playoffs. IF the ROX and GSW series were close you could make the argument Ariza could have done something, but in REALITY and HIStORICALLY it's hard to imagine Ariza would've changed that outcome esp since he was already washed as shown by his performance that year.

The bolded part of your statement is irrelevant to "Fertita broke up a contender" since Harden and Cp3 were already infighting and both of them are choke artists to begin with. So you admit now Fetirta didn't break up a contender or are you still delulu and think Ariza the goat and Finals MVP Danuel House if Feritta didn't ruin his future by hiding him would've given the Rocket their 3rd ring?

13. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Chris Paul is on record for saying that not bringing back Ariza and holding out against House were both major morale drains on the team at the time, I'll take his word for it.

Considering Harden averaged 35 a game on 45-35-80 splits in that WCSF series, and both games 1 and 5 were losses within two posessions, that series could have shifted the other way. Little shifts like having someone better than Iman Shumpert as the 7th man, who for all the Ariza hate, was WAY worse than Trevor. Had Tilman been willing to spend a bit more, maybe we trade for someone a bit better than Shump, as well as not having to dump Ennis at the deadline in the first place.
    Tillman didn't demolish the team until the Westbrook trade, but saying he used the resources at his disposal to their fullest extent to assist a team that won 65 games the prior year is a bold-faced lie. Luxury Tax Savings forced the Rockets to hemmorage picks and dumpster dive for inferior talent instead of competing for mid-level free agents.

14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

To 'half full' guys, it's always something better than nothing;
    To 'half empty' guys, they gotta know:
    as a boss/investor like tilly, his job is always as 'simple' as to offer a vision or direction, which means his vision doesn't need to be concrete…however at least incl time span, goals with respect to personnel preferences, and quantitative benchmarks like expenses, revenue and earnings.
    when a boss/investor unfortunately gets down to details, gm would be pissed off;
    when a gm gets down to details say players training and game plans…
    [​IMG]
    a coach gonna collaps like THIS.
    (dunt get me wrong i ain't a Silas apologist, to me poor person makes poor decisions, its his own guilty)

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

thx op!

Verbal Christ and DeBeards like this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ferntits broke af. F*ck that guy! If we ever win a championship with him it will be just a little less sweet because I’ll have to see his weasel face at the trophy presentation.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cp3 is so smart he still has 0 rings and is the NBa historic leader for most blown 2-0 leads so I dont give a crap what he thinks. Like the dude who has choked the most leads in nba history knows what would have put them over the hump? If he was that smart he would have a ring by now.

The argument wasn't whether Tilman was ready to get broke pushing the Rockets it was as you wrongly pointed out he destroyed the Rockets contender. That's just moving the goal posts. Just admit you were wrong when you falsely claimed Fertita destroyed a contender and we can move on. That team was so bad they lost their first 3 games by over 20 pts but you still spout false narratives about that team like they were a world beater.

Tilman was on record saying he would spend on lux tax if Rockets made the Finals. We'll they didn't. Not sure why that's now getting turned around like it's his fault. It's super easy to tell others how to spend their money, ain't it?

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Watching Ariza play elsewhere and Danuel House play in the D league while Harden was trying to win with random guys off the street was brilliant. Then we had to waste some of our MLE money the next offseason on House instead off adding another player.

I really loved when Morey had to give up Deanthony Melton and Ryan Andersons soon to be valuable expiring contract in order to get under the luxury tax.

Having to give away our rim protector, top rebounder and only lob option in Capela to try and make Westbrook playable was great also.

Not having our first round pick controlled for a few years is just the icing on the cake from his brilliant leadership.

#20 sealclubber1016, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    topfive, BMoney, ilias and 8 others like this.