1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tiger King (Netflix Docuseries)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BossHogg713, Mar 24, 2020.

1. dchoye

dchoye Member

Even OJ believes Carole feed her late husband to the Tigers. Too funny

davidio840 likes this.
  2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree 100% with @Trader_Jorge

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Today I found out that 2 coworkers were both offered jobs at Joe Exotic's zoo. I've only talked to one of them though. He said he was offered a job right out of college. They told him they'd pay his utilities, plus room and board and pay him cash weekly. He was seriously considering it but his Aunt told him to hold off saying yes and seriously think about it. That night Joe Exotic texted him something sexual (he didn't specify) around 3am. That was the deal-breaker for him and he turn down the job.

I know a couple of people that know Rick Kirkham (the TV broadcasting business is a small world) but I haven't asked them about him yet.

crazy show

5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Is that don lemon?

Pablo prigioni kinda looks like that guy!

6. Buck Turgidson

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

9. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting the difference in tone between this article and the Netflix documentary. Very little mentioned in the article about Baskins' missing husband except to say there was no evidence, she was never a suspect and the family and media had accused her of the murder as part of a dispute over his estate.

But after watching the doc, the details of that dispute (like the will that Baskins came up with that specifically stated "disappearance") did nothing but incriminate Baskins more. It does seem much more clear in this article what happened to Travis, though. In the documentary that guy Dial did mention that Travis told him if there isn't a clip in a Luger that it won't fire, but it wasn't clear to me either if shooting himself was an accident or suicide. The Texas Monthly article seems to indicate it was definitely an accident.

Also, apparently there was another crazed ex-lover of Tiger King that was totally glossed over in the documentary. Maybe because the dude is in a mental institution for molesting a young girl and then killing someone.

Just finished watching the series this past weekend. So many horrible people. Crazy how so many of these people basically operate their own ill-defined cults, with the way they verbally/mentally abuse people into doing what they want. Joe Exotic, "Doc" Antle and Jeff Lowe all had their own little harems going in their own ways. I felt bad for Lowe's pregnant girlfriend when on screen he was showing pictures of the nanny he was going to hire because she was hot. All while his pregnant lady is sitting there listening to it. And now it's on video forevermore for his kid to eventually see as well.

You could not have written a story this crazy.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Netflix just released another episode with interviews of the cast, pretty good

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

[​IMG]
    Nic Cage as Joe Exotic.

will it work?

13. body slam

body slam Member

Jeff Lowe's nanny Marsha Diduk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I finally broke down and watched it. After all the hype, honestly, eh, a little underwhelming in my opinion.

Two things that I took out of this, 1), Carol killed her husband, and 2) Joe is fkn crazy...

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agreed that Joe was stupid for pushing the Tiger Cat Rescue moniker so hard. Could’ve used “Big Cat Sanctuary” if he wanted to be petty or mislead people in a legal way. Very boneheaded decision.

as far as murder-for-hire, sure other people may have been culpable or perhaps encouraged Joe in some way, but it was evident to me that he wanted her dead and would pay to have it done. I like him so of course I wanted him to be found not guilty, but that’s just emotions. And you can’t speculate how strong the evidence was because we weren’t there for the trial.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Classic 'What We Do in Broad daylight and Shadows'

18. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

body slam likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.narcity.com/gossip/us/f...r-tours-may-happen-according-to-carole-baskin

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That b****.

Blake likes this.