1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on Webber, play-offs etc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheshire, Mar 5, 2001.

1. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

At present the roster consists of:

Taylor Thomas Rogers
    Williams Langhi Bullard
    Olajuwon Cato Collier
    Mobley Anderson Coulson
    Francis Norris

Play-offs or not the Rocks mean business come off-season.

If Webber comes, then it's all good! However in the event that Webber does something else e.g. re-sign with the Kings then the Rockets should try Antonio Davis. He averages a double-double and plays defense (13.4 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 2.1 bpg). Can play both center and power forward position.

The Rocks should also lock up Shandon, Moochie and Mo (depends on Webber). Regarding Dream, he could be back for the minimum or the veteran's exception. Cato is such an enigma, should he be traded or do we continue waiting for his long overdue development. If the Rocks could get a worthwhile deal for him then ship his a$$ out of here! For one seventh of his annual salary I could contribute more to the Rockets and I don’t even have to be on the court or get playing time. [​IMG]

I have a feeling Phoenix can be persuaded to take Cato for the recovering Googs because they have such a glut of forwards who will want major minutes there. Marion (keeper), Robinson (contract), Rogers (contract) and Googs (contract). Then they also have Hardaway who can play SF minutes if he ever shows up healthy.

But this should not detract from what is essentially "The Hunt for Chris Webber."

Speaking of the possibilities of the play-offs, go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't care if they get sweep first-round or go five games or beyond as long as they play hard. Put it this way, if they get ever get out of the West, then they should be fave against the East champion.

We got jiffed big time in last year's draft so why should the Rocks consider another dig at the draft. What's DeMarr, Swift, Fizer, Mihn or Miller doing these days??? Mihn got an opportunity because ZZ Top got season ending injuries same with Miller because of Hill. And they're not likely All-Stars in the future just solid contributors.

Even the number 1 pick, K-Mart is not exactly destroying the league like a Tim Duncan or an O'neal. A 400-pound Charles Barkley could do more for the Rockets than any of this year's rookies…Then again a 400-pound Charles Barkley can contribute more than Cato …

On other matters…

1) Congratulations on Clutch and his Crew for finally getting more deserved recognition for their creation: clutchcity.net.

2) Damn Blazers!!! We were on a good thing then Mr Technical Foul had to ruin it all for all of us. It's not as if their play-off spot was not assured. But then again they will go empty-handed again like last year with such heavy expectations.

3) The Blazer War was nice however brief…I enjoyed the repartee between the heavyweight combatants. The entire collective assembly of Clutch City versus two Blazer chicks. I admire their ticker for giving as much as they got. That was fun! What's next? Fakers coming in…Ex-Spurts talking up their superiority…Or Heaven forbid a Jazz punk stirring mischief.

------------------

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Damn, that's pretty damn good for a FIRST post...where the hell were you when those Blazer chicks were here? [​IMG]

I enjoyed your post. Very good.

------------------
    Jazzkiller