1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on gender change for young kids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Dec 20, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People also seem to confuse hormone therapy with genital reassignment surgery as it always somehow pops in a thread where a kid is just getting hormone treatment.

The latter takes a lot of steps to get to, many trans people never take that last step. It is never something done willy nilly, the parents, doctor, all talk about these steps for YEARS before this kind of stuff is even considered. You literally, as a youth, cannot just wake up one day and have your penis cut off by a doctor, it simply does not work that way. Period. End of story. Maybe you'll find some black market rogue doctor that has done it but what instead happens is the kid in subject will be talked to and the family will be talked to and they will decide on hormone therapy.

Any ways, I don't know why people are so worried about what others do to THEIR body. Why are you wondering whats going on in their pants? Why do you care? This is such a small % of people it is better to just let them be than to persecute their freedoms as living beings because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Of course, none of this is targeted towards you dobro, as I agree with your post. These decisions are taken very seriously and this is about Wade's child and you listen to what Wade has to say about his kid it is obvious that 'he' was always have gender issues since day 1 and Wade supports that and the kid seems happy. I don't see a big deal.

da_juice and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The truth is that the realization that you are really a different sex can arise at different points in a person's life, just as realizing that you are Gay, for example, can occur as late a middle age. My understanding is that realizing that you are transgender happens most often around or after the onset of puberty. The decision to start hormone therapy is quite different than allowing (for a minor child) or encouraging surgery. That should be an adult's decision, in my opinion. Many transgender people become much happier and secure in their sex after beginning hormone therapy. The negative aspects of a young person becoming transgender is far more impacted by how that person's family reacts then anything else.

malakas and da_juice like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is a very good video related to gender identity for those that sincerely want to get educated about it and understand that what young people experience with gender dysphoria is REAL, it's not some imagined phase, and if they feel bad about their issues it's not their fault but society's fault for not understanding.

Rashmon, malakas, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What people do with their life and their choices is their business. It also should be respected, just as we should respect those who disagree with our beliefs. There are lines crossed by all sides. Nobody should be forced into a belief.

It baffles me to this day why we still stuff people into an either/or category, this man made gender construct. We should encourage and support people to accept who they are or what they could become. That said, wit our primitive knowledge in science, especially in the biological field, we should be very careful using humans as test dummies by pumping them prematurely full of hormones or other chemicals that completely alter their makeup. As adults, its our choices and we must live with them. But children .... give their body a chance to mature.

Perhaps we should focus more on the mental health of transgenders.

LosPollosHermanos and Corrosion like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, I agree completely about respecting the beliefs of others, but they are just beliefs and not laws.

But the issue with giving youths body to mature is that by the time they are 20 or something they can never go back to where they were, to transition is much harder and can sometimes be impossible. So by waiting you can ruin this persons life essentially, and in a lot of cases this person knows their identity, they just need help getting to it. Basically transitioning later in life is the difference between completely passing as the other gender and looking like someone doing drag, it's a big difference as you can imagine.

The way it is done is fine, the video I linked talks about the science of it but also goes into how serious a discussion and decision this is treated. It is a case by case thing discussed among family and doctors and that's how it should remain. We should not make any laws preventing young people from taking hormones because that's just government getting in the way of what is going on between a family and their doctor.

And while we don't know everything about hormone therapy, we know enough that it allows people to transition if taken at the right time and while some people do regret transition, we are already talking about such a small number of people. Trans people are already represent such a small % of a population...and the detransitioners represent an even smaller %

I think what we should do is look more into why people detransition instead of punishing those that transition happily and don't have any regrets.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So you hate transgender people and are hiding behind some kind of phony compassion for other people's children to continue stigmatizing them.

JayGoogle, Deckard and da_juice like this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

A kids mind is still yet to fully develop. I bet there are some transgenders that grow up to be drag queens that regret mutilating their genitals earlier in life. Life is hard and the genital modification part is irreversible....

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, can someone bring me a single case of a child having genital reassignment surgery?

Just curious.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

People keep bringing this up like it's common -- it's rare for anything other than puberty blocking meds which is rare in its own right.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Usually hear about it when the doctor messes up identifying the baby's gender.

JayGoogle and da_juice like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

You don't seem to know what either of these terms mean.

eta: just for the record, I have no thoughts on this.

da_juice, JayGoogle and KingCheetah like this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Was gonna post this. Besides the useful info of different DSDs, what stood out to me was that 2% of the human population have some sexual complications that can complicate the identification of male or female. 2% roughly translates to 120 million of the global population, roughly a third of the total U.S population if we were to clump all people with physical sexual complications that really blurs the line of what makes someone a male or female.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Horomone treatment is not a good idea. Can lead to cancer and why **** the kid up with horomones? You stunt their development. This is absolute mutilation. It doesn't help when kids look to adults for advice and they are feeding them lies about how everyone can be a man or woman and then go off the rails with 1,000 different genders and identities. Kids are looking to form an identity and to **** with them at an impressionable age is beyond abusive. Screw anyone doing that to kids. This degenerate bullcrap must be called out.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I hate adults who abuse children. You are using the classic phobic slur to defend your degeneracy.

malakas likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So, first you talk about genital mutilation and I ask where is a single case for this you then go "Hormone treatment can lead to cancer." gonna need a source for that one.

You should really scroll back up there and watch the video I posted because you are just plain wrong here. Sex and Gender isn't black and white. No matter how much you want to believe so, actual science says it isn't. You're going to have to learn how to accept this and the first step is actually educating yourself about the issue so you don't fear it.

You actually stunt a child's development when you try to squeeze them into a box they don't fit into and enforce your beliefs onto kids that aren't even yours.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You do realize that there are only two boxes and nature chooses? I don't care about your "identity" or "feelings" because science certainly doesn't. Also I stand by that these surgeries are mutilations and these treatments as well. It is child abuse to push these things on kids, and child endangerment to expose them to high doses of outside hormones. They are ruining these children and causing irreversible damage to their body. It is highly ignorant to think there is more than two sexes and you can change it. That goes against science. You are a science denier. Also go google what happens to people when they do hormone treatments. It raises the risk of cancer and this is not debatable.

As for gender identity, it is not normal to be confused about whether you have the "correct" set of genitals. In fact there are two genders, and the others are just abnormal psychologies. It is a mental disorder unfortunately, and giving in to people's delusions is not helping them. I feel bad for them, and adults can do whatever they want and claim to be what they want. But they are a small percentage and it doesn't change their genetics. In addition, kids need guidance and may very well change their mind as their bodies mature and develop. Going in and saying you know what's best for them as an adult and trying to do irreversible damage could end up backfiring. It is not something that should be supported.

Furthermore I have no fear of trans people. I have long had friends who are trans and hung out with them with no problems. They made their choices by themselves though and I don't think you can speak for all trans people. I am sure some would likely agree that parents don't have the right to impose anything of this sort onto kids. And that is my issue with it. Messing with kids who look to adults for guidance, and instead of that, we have an entire generation of parents refusing to be role models and refusing to give clarity to these children. If your kid has these issues, they probably don't have good role models and experienced some kind of trauma, or they need psychological help.

One thing people should look at is what is natural? These therapies and surgeries are far from natural and go against it. Fighting nature is a huge mistake in my opinion and to say that people can be the other sex is just spitting in the face of reality. Without these horomones or mutilations, can the person become the opposite sex? No. Can they do it with these things? Still, no, they can't. Try to push this insane progressive nonsense some more and deny science, and enjoy the natural wave of conservative push back you and people like you are generating with this insanity. I hate blind conservatives, and that's exactly what we are getting because of people going into far left cult-like beliefs that the rest of the world is laughing at outside of a few western areas. Just look at all the Groyper nonsense that got stirred up which I will openly call out now and denounce. It is a direct response to your line of thinking because people are refusing to take a stand on anything out of fear of not being "accepting." Sorry but I can't accept something that goes directly against science and harms children.

#36 dachuda86, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    JumpMan and cml750 like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I believe that’s true. If your family deny your own personal feeling and “truth”, I think that would be hard and increases your chance of having a long lasting negative mental effect. On top of that, we know how US society are negative toward transgender. The high rate of drugs and suicide among this group lead me to believe that there is a significant chance of family pushing back on the child own feelings.

It’s hard for me to imagine any cases where I would want to have a child go through sex reassignment surgery or drug therapy at an early age, but I am of limited thoughts and imaginations and it’s not my place to limit or judge some family actions. I can only imagine it must be extremely stressful and painful to make such a decision. I only hope they have the resources to do what they believe is the best for their child.

Corrosion and Deckard like this.
  18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wade is wrong for what he is allowing to happen with his son. He is isacrificing his son to this cause.

As for trans people, they are not well. They are sick and we shouldn't be encouraging their delusional beliefs. Encouraging them is not love. Helping them deal with the trauma that led them to hate themselves to the point that they wish they were someone else is how you love them.

In the end, feeding their delusion will be detrimental to them because trans people will never be happy. They will never be able to look in the mirror and see a body that matches up with their delusion no matter what they add or subtract from it. They will never be able to play the reproductive role they were born to play if they destroy their reproductive parts just to replace them with useless ones.

Also, why are we blaming everyone else for their elevated rates of suicide, depression, drug use, etc? If what they are doing is correct, then why do they need anyone's approval or acceptance? Why try to shame everyone into accepting what we all know deep down is wrong?

19. malakas

malakas Member

Because you think you know what is best for your kid it doesn't mean it is actualy good for your kid.
    A parent knows what's best so let them do what they want? Really?:rolleyes:

A parent can also be a elementary school dropout without any education, or a religious fanatic and think that it's good to beat up their child to teach them manners or starve them or leave them unvaccinated or all kind of things.
    Because you gave birth to them it doesn't mean you own them and you should be allowed to make such life altering decisions for them.

What do you mean by that?
    A child abuser or someone who molests their children also doesn't affect me personally. Shouldnt I care?
    The laws of the land weren't something that came from heaven, they were written after time and ammended and re ammended after experiences and failures to suit the circumstances of the times.

I am worried becaue I perceive this as child abuse. Just because currently the law is not up to date, imo, to put restrictions on that, it doesn't mean I should be alright with a parent changing the gender of a 6 year old kid.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wrong. No matter how much you deny science it does not make you right. It just makes you ignorant because you refuse to even watch 13 minute video that would completely debunk this point.

You do realize it is often the child pushing it and not the adults, right? Also, your point about cancer is unsubstantiated, I could find nothing on it so I think either you are making it up or you probably found this from one of your right wing Christian blogs.

Wheter or something is normal or not is irrelevant. Something can be abnormal and still be correct. Also again, the video I posted craps all over your points here, it shows you are not willing to listen or learn about this topic that you've already had your mind set to hate what you do not understand and you do so willingly.

Your entire posts here leak with fear, fear that they exist, and it stems from your confusion about their existence. You simply are unwilling to accept science and fact about this issue and are being controlled by your fear.

I don't care if you have 'Trans friends' it's funny how people that are discriminatory always run to "I have ____ friends!" that's irrelevant to the things you've said.

Seriously? This is your argument? What is natural? You realize humanity has been 'fighting nature' since forever, right? This is such a dumb argument, if I may say so. You are no judge on what is natural and what isn't. Making medicines to kill viruses isn't 'natural' either, I guess we shouldn't do it though, it being all unnatrual.

Guns are unnatural, Maybe we should get rid of them. Cars, planes, rocket ships, all unnatural.

Let's just go back to the stone ages and stop fighting nature.