1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

this year is gonna suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Oct 15, 2018.

1. YaoKnoWatIMing

It’s early in the season right now.. we’re still not even sure what starting line up to go with.. I just hope we get a sharp shooter at the 3 in the starting line up to help spread the floor

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What the actual ****...?? How is someone leading the league for the past 3 or 4 years in getting to the ft line is one of the softest players in the league.?????
    Harden is one of the most physical players if not the most physical player in the league.

If you are referring to the his defense then that's a different story.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

sadly I lost a lot of hope and continue losing hope about matching up with warriors after watching Melo defense every game. Harden is a bad defender but compared to Melo he’s bruce bowen

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It doesn’t matter than it’s early. The team is clearly lacking in talent and athleticism. They’re simply not that good. Gonna be a long year.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Its really shocking how different they look than last year. Five of the rotation guys are exactly the same, yet we're playing like a sub .500 team inexplicably. I didn't think it'd get worse than going from 56 wins to 41 in 2016, but going from 65 to who knows what it'll be is just shocking.

Last night watching the game they were playing so uninspired I got flashbacks to a typical game in the early 2000s when I first started watching. The vibe in the arena, the tone of Bill Worrell calling the game and the flow of it all screamed mediocrity.

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

OP should rename this thread “ The Mental Weakness thread”

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree. I know a Mavericks comparison will ring sour here, but the year they went 67-15...they started 0-4, with a REALLY ugly loss to the Jazz, ironically. Similarly to the Rockets, they had just come off being in the Finals the year before, but had had a significant remake of their team. It takes a little time.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BigBum

BigBum Member

1-3 record is not a problem at all. I have no problem with backcourts also.

The problem is frontcourts are slow in transition.

Tucker, Melo, Ennis and even Capela.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahhah!

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This thread is equal to the "We don't play any real contenders for the next 20 games" jinx thread of 2015.