1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

this year is gonna suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Oct 15, 2018.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What about all the guys that were saying. Elon would change it up and be a great fit here??

For such a stat guy DM completely ignored them this summer.

YOLO likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Honestly, it was a no brainer.

Problem is that we had a whole bunch of Rocket fans fanwagoning and bandwagoning over the summer and they refused to see the obvious. We had folks here that thought the Rockets were a deeper team this year and better than last year. Just because you sign a bunch of scrubs on the offseason, that does not make you a deep team.

Chemistry is a very delicate thing. Hard to build but very easy to destroy.

This offfseason we destroyed the team chemistry that made us special last year.

Chemistry on offense and chemistry on defense as well.

FACT: This team is just not great and especially no where close to challenging the Warriors. We will win a bunch of games because of Harden and CP but as the team stands, most likely out in the second round of the playoffs.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The year has started fluky with injuries, suspensions, poor shooting, etc..., but this is the best time to have the funk. Get all the **** out of the way now and then smooth sailing to the finish line. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There were really people saying MCW and Melo were upgrades LMFAOOOO

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They don't have cp3. They were only 15-13 without him last year.

Handles likes this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We haven’t even seen this team fully healthy. Gordon is adjusting to 10 lbs lighter, harden getting in season form, Melo transitioning into our style of play and cp3 is suspended. I don’t like what I’m saying but I won’t blow the whistle til 10 games

8. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

You know sizzle. The sad truth is we were one hamstring away from the finals and likely hoisting the trophy too. But this is where I still don’t understand (Morey) for why make such radical changes in the offseason?

The only theory I have is that Tillman Fertita (spelling?) didn’t want to pay up.

This league is always adapting. And whatever advantages we had last year may well have eroded some too.

But not to this extent!!!!!

How many quarters have we actually led?
    How many double digit deficits have we allowed opposing teams to run up?
    how much more time until even D’Antoni realizes it’s the personnel duh!!!

FrustratedSAGEcant evenspell

Zboy likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Problem is this team does not have the luxury of "off games" because of the competition in the Western conference but more importantly because of the Warriors, against whom we desperately need home court advantage just to have a chance to win the series.

10. TheSource

TheSource Member

I’m worried but let’s see what the team looks like when fully healthy

11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team is going to nowhere. It hurts to see them play like this! We still have no alternative to shooting three points. Harden and Anthony are two of the most soft players in the league! The same old story...

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Mac. I agree the sample size is still small. But even you can’t deny that all the talk about just matching up with, much less beating Golden State is simply laughable.

This new personnel was meant to give us MORE firepower such that WCF game 6 and game 7 second halves would have had different outcomes.

But what if it was actually defense all this time that got us past the Jazz last year and was what took us to Game 6 with Golden State?

Said a different way, if we really took a step in a better direction, even in losses we should be averaging 100 plus points. Not just barely flirting with 90. I really fear the backlash and criticism against Morey and Co. is gonna grow exponentially once the losses mount or that we just treat water at 500 indefinitely.

TheSage

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This is going to be REALLY ugly. Team will continue to suck, the media will expose our chemistry and defensive issues, and then the arena will be more empty than usual.

14. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Yes. True on court chemistry!!!! Not just hanging in the Bahamas chemistry.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not in basketball mode yet and still experiencing baseball hangover.

That said, this season has a '16 vibe to it.

Still time to turn the corner though, so time will tell.

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If we trade for butler we lose our spacing. Ego is gone. Butler can’t shoot too well.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think Butler could go 0-11

18. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Great points!!! :)

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Clint's blond hair strip might be another bad omen.

If you wear that, you MUST ball out.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This team is capable of turning it on anytime, but it's gonna take some time and they need time to gel together, but yes we look shitty so far