1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is why we must trade For a mid-first rounder.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Manute was skinny as hell. His son looks obese compared to Manute. lol. Manute was less than 200 pounds and 7'7". He eventually put on about 20-30 pounds and still looked anorexic because he was so damn tall. Manute could've been 250 and still looked rail thin because of his height... I remember when he entered the league I honestly couldn't believe someone that skinny could run without snapping.

A couple of other guys I could think of that had similar build to Bol Bol and had similar mobility coming into the league were Tyson Chandler and Kevin Garnett. Garnett was on another level in terms of motor and probably ability while Tyson didn't have much in the way of offense. As rail thin as those 2 were, I think they both outweighed Bol Bol by 10-15 pounds.

BTW, I had to look it up, but here's the guy that put some weight on Bol. Seems like he's got a who's who client list : https://www.mackieshilstone.com/

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

damn. i want him.

rockets13champs likes this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He's a super interesting prospect. Had he stayed healthy he would've gone higher, no doubt.

I do agree that genetically, it will likely be more difficult to put weight on him. But he's not his father... he's clearly more mobile and more skilled. I remember watching Manute and for most of his early career, he was a sideshow act. He blocked shots and when he hit a three, it was the kind of thing all local sportscasters would replay on that night's news broadcast for a laugh. Then he started hitting a lot of them and nobody was laughing anymore. It was just unheard of, pretty much.

I do think someone is going to get a prospect with enormous potential at a later pick. We'll see if he pans out but he's got a two-way skillset. If he checks all the boxes for teams in workouts, I doubt he slides past 10.

As for the Rockets, they always go best available. Even if Bol Bol couldn't help this year, they'd take him if they pegged him as BPA because he'd provide the greatest value (as a prospect or trade candidate).

Deuce, D-rock, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Smooth shot. I think he will be better than thon maker. He will be long gone by the time we draft trade or not.

D-rock likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is exactly the kind of guy/pick Morey trades to some overexcited GM.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Black Zhou Qi?

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  8. Stepping Razor

Speaking of..what happened to Zhou Qi? Was he sent back down to the RGV?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Released

10. basketballholic

He has great potential

To be a star

Or to bust

And he needs developmental time

Wrong fit for us at this time. We need a plug and play top of the rotation contributor if we somehow landed a pick in the first round.

11. Theking

Theking Member

**** this guy. Rui Hachimua will have a way better career