1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Rockets best chance at a title in nearly 25 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, May 9, 2019.

1. How_Sweep_It_Is

Law of Houston sports says some JAG like Jerebko or McKinny will have the game(s) of his life.

And seriously, who do you trust on this roster in a game 7? It’s Harden, maybe Tucker, and that’s it. And Harden’s elimination game resume is terrible.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Can they do it? Sure. Should we expect it to happen? Why should we? D'Antoni, Paul and Harden have to prove it now. Their legacies are at stake.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't agree with the assessment that because Durant and Harden have been above everyone else that it stays that way. I think Curry outplays everyone, but we win the series. It is our best chance to the extent that everyone shows up.

In truth we have a diminished version of Capela and Paul. What makes the difference for me is that we rested well to end the season, finished a few days sooner in the first round and for once in MDA's entire career his key players have not played more minutes than the opponent's key players (wasn't his choice but still).

No one can complain about this opportunity. No one can act like they're more tired than everyone else. No one can blame health. It doesn't get better than this when trying to take down a dynasty. They must play better than they did in the 4th quarter of game 5. Whatever you call the performance in the 4th, however you describe it, that can't happen again and it wasn't totally out of their hands.

#63 Mathloom, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    joshuaao, smp and Roc Paint like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

it is the perfect scenario win Game 7 at their place. It would be more memorable than winning series in Game 5, or Game 6. I can't wait for Sunday night, I better book my Monday off.