1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the Rockets best chance at a title in nearly 25 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, May 9, 2019.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I say less Capela, some Nene, some House since Looney will play more and he is the most annoying player on their team other than Draymond. We have to match their hustle and length when they have Iggy, Green and Looney as their frontcourt. Capela completely failed at that last night. I think we should give House a shot for 10-15 minutes to see if he can provide energy and help keep Looney/Iggy off of the offensive boards. Paul sucked last night but seemed like him and Tucker were the only ones fighting hard and smart for rebounds.

Hakeemtheking and RyanB like this.
  2. RyanB

RyanB Member

I forgot the NBA was keeping Foster to thebe end lol

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Man we needed that win so I could be functional at work today

I am completely non-functional right now. I need this series win as bad as anyone lol.

So I don't get fired T_T

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Durant is probably only out for Game 6. I can't see them losing a Game 7 in Oracle. We blew our chance last night.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're not familiar with non contact injuries then if you think he's coming back anytime soon

let alone not even 4 days after sustaining

#45 YOLO, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sure, sure. However, one of my pet peeves is when sports fans try to apply "law of averages" everywhere.

The "law of averages" being used to say "everything smooths out over time" generally applies to a stochastic (random) process, not a deterministic process like decision making.

A team can't necessarily control how many three point shots go in (hence we treat it as random) but a team can control how often it boxes out and which shots it takes (deterministic, law of averages doesn't apply.)

The outcome of games is not random. It's deterministic based on the decisions made throughout the game by everyone involved. This includes refs, which is why people who say ignore the refs are naive. Reffing is also not a random process. Human decision making can't be truly random. They have tendencies, Morey knows this.

Anyway, I'm mad about what I saw last night. /rant

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

28? :D

harold bingo likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I'd say last year was our best chance, but if you're only looking at post game 5 from each year, then sure we probably have a better chance this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

KD is officially out and this is as good of a chance as we could've ask for

Rockets in 7

bloodwings19, hakeem94 and tinman like this.
  10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

So now that KD is out, who do we use PJ Tucker on? I'm thinking Draymond, because his passing unlocks so much of the "beautiful game" for Warriors. That would probably mean Capela on fifth starter or possible Klay (but maybe more realistically capela on bench and Shumpert or Rivers on Klay).

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well now I just feel stupid.

topfive likes this.
  12. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

We win Friday but I got a horrible feeling curry will explode on Sunday. These POS always find a way to win.

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Harden is different this time they are going to beat these guys in a dominant fashion

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I fully disagree with the premise.

1) Last year at the end of game 5 was our best chance to win a title. We were in Golden State's position now. Just needed to win 1 game out of 2 with 1 at home.
    2) Last year the East was a joke. The winner of the WCF was a lock to win the title. This year the winner of the WCF will likely be an underdog against the Bucks.
    3) The Warriors are the favorites to win this series. They are a more talented team than the Rockets even without Durant and now they have 2 games to win 1 with 1 at home.

Our odds are still low this year because Paul has aged considerably and seen a major downturn in production and because Capela has become unplayable on OFFENSE against Golden State. Harden is basically a one man superstar against the Warriors. He is likely to have 1 game out of the next 2 where he isn't amazing and that will be death if CP3 can't step up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I want to beat them so badly on their home floor. I absolutely HATE their entitled, arrogant, condescending, fake tough guy fans, and I DESPISE how the Warriors play into all that at home. Running around like ****ing idiots, yelling and pounding their chests after every play, pandering to the garbage bandwagoning fanbase....it's a disgrace, yet everybody eats it up. Curry is the absolute worst when it comes to that, but the rest of the team isn't far behind.

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

He ain’t play a game in this series.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

it truly will be redemption when GS loses on their home floor sunday for their last game there ever

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Idgaf if they lose 8 players and we win. I want them to lose so bad. I hope the team blows up this summer.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps then it was worth losing game 5 for this to happen

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Bro, you're strategizing about this in this post is more than MDA will do in these next 40 hours or so. Or at least if he puts in as much effort, you're conclusions will be better. Drop him your number, maybe he can call you up, lol. Or maybe someone can create a website/app that updates in real time to help him out.

Like last night we could have been like "yo, CP3 sucks this game, take him out"