1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This charismatic squad vs. the dull glory years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nigma2000, Oct 6, 2003.

1. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Not taking away anything of the glory days of Hakeem Olajuwon and his teammates, but those teams had no charisma at all and were considered boring to many by the NBA. The Rockets back then were not popular as an NBA team, even when we won back 2 back championships we got no respect.

It's a shame that non of the players in the 90's had any charecter or were famous among NBA fans. No recognition on any media fronts or merchandising. Even the great Hakeem was getting no media attention compared to the likes of Shaq and Robinson :mad:

This team however, is a well known up and coming exciting team with the likes of Francis, Yao, and Mobley. In the earlier years Francis was and still almost always is mentioned with the likes of the NBA stars like Kobe, Mcgrady, and Iverson.

With the addition of Yao Ming, it seems to get even better. The hoopla circus surrounding Yao last year was great recognition for the team and city. In a Michael Jordan sense of way hype. It was truly something had not been seen since the days of Barkley being here.

Look at all the games we have on national TV this year. I think it is 21 games. We are like the fourth most aired team on TV, and this is for a team who has underachieved and not gone to the playoffs in 4 years :eek: What has become of the NBA today when we sadly nt getting this much attention during the Hakeem, Drexler, Horry, and Maxwell era.

I absolutly look forward to the season every time because of all the great expectations from a team like this. Now it would be even great if we had the success to go along with the popularity as well. The sky's the limit for this team.

2. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

3. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

ahh the ol' start a thread, quote yourself, bump thread in 9 minutes sequence. a true rarity.

5. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Maybe he will start speaking in 3rd person!

6. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Did "Nigma 2000" detect sarcasm from Francis for prez and redgoose, say it ain't so.

Any how I was trying to edit my post when I realized I pressed the quote button instead. The bump thread.....well I don't have an explanation for that.