1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Third Democratic Debate SEP2019 @ TSU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DreamShook, Sep 12, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What do you mean your insurance is nearly free?

2. biff17

biff17 Member

I see you are not talking from reality the gaffes are definitely not being reported in a positive manner.

None of the media is protecting Biden.

https://www.bing.com

Just look what the major media has reported on him.

The majority of the videos are negative.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There is a civil war in the Liberal/Dem party. Progressives versus the center left/establishment left.

Make no Mistake, I'm voting democrat in 2020. I don't care if it's Bernie, Warren, Biden or Klobachar. I just want the best candidate. I think it has to be a progressive that has true populist ideas that's all.

RayRay10, Rashmon, Nook and 2 others like this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yet the people on the right have no problem with the republicans taking away their land to build a wall

foh likes this.
  5. foh

foh Member

What exactly was his "Gaffe" during this debate? He covered two points - one about education and one about immigration from south america. Yes, he didn't answer the question on segregation. That's what politicians do when they get a question they don't like. They change subject.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watch enough CNN and MSNBC to see how they protect Biden. A large part of the electorate gets their news from cable tv and don't have the time to search google for news and videos. There is a tremendous amount of spin in cable news (and network news) to make Biden less of a disaster. If you see a disparaging video on Youtube, it is mostly in response to something CNN, MSNBC or FOX said that was completely wrong, downplayed, misreported, or embellished.

7. biff17

biff17 Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/biden-son-ukraine.html

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...ukrainian-nightmare-a-closed-probe-is-revived

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Sure you do.

Like another poster said.

You do you.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

At this point, I don't think Beto is trying to win anyway. There's no expectations on him anymore, so he's playing loose, saying what he thinks is right, and not caring how it polls. There's a 99.99% chance he doesn't suddenly galvanize the nation and sweep to victory on a groundswell of support. But, it's more fun and better odds than he had been facing being a conventional candidate.

joshuaao and biff17 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The problem is that it brings the whole party with it. It forces the candidates to take a position on it which will divide the party. If you say you don't want to take AR's from people, you will lose the most liberal voters. If you say want to take AR's from people you will lose the moderates. The democratic party isn't as united as the Republicans. Republicans will vote for someone they hate like Trump. Democrats would rather just stay home. This is what happened the last election. Hillary lost because of poor Democratic turnout.

B-Bob, Silent_Bob and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not their land, it's someone else's land at the border. It's going to effect a thousand people at most. Taking someone's AR's is literally taking property from millions of people in this country including some that consistently vote democrat. It's politically stupid.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

dude I have been hearing about this since the beginning of the year Praveen talked about since then.

You did not bring light to anything.

You sound like Giuliani.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't believe you. Because you should be outraged that it hasn't come up much on the CNN's and the other news places.

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Wait so are you saying all republicans have AR’s? How is it politically stupid to ban assault riffles and getting those off of the street? Unless you think it is politically smart to cater to the NRA and their narrative and those individuals that own ARS. How is that going? The narrative is changing on the gun debate and it is the 30 percent that stick their heads in the sand refusing to acknowledge it.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Just deductibles. 14 years ago it cost just $5 to see a doctor, now is $25. I pay no premium, but in my mind, deductibles are costs associated with private health insurance.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who pays for your insurance?

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really have a problem with that. If Democrats won't vote for the Democratic candidate because they don't like that candidate's position on assault rifle confiscation, that's their responsibility not Beto's. What your advocating is that a candidate stay mum about his own views to help the eventual candidate to not tell voters what they stand for so that those voters will unwittingly support someone they would not have supported had they known. Seems like Beto is doing everyone a favor.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Letting people choose their own healthcare defeats the purpose of having the most cost effective health care system for everyone. This is a solution that works across the developed world and yet here we pay twice as much for a lower level of health care outcomes. I cringed when Buttigieg talked about trusting the people to make choices on health care.

RayRay10 and AleksandarN like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

In your previous post you said: "you are going to confiscate someone's property in America. Americans just don't tolerate that type of rhetoric." Thus you made it sound like private property is an American value. But now, you are moving the goal posts by saying that people are selfish and don't like their personal property taken, in general sense. Thanks for clarifying...