1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things getting strange in Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

There are two options for the people of Alabama. Vote for a child molester or don't. The answer should be obvious. The fact that we have to have a debate about this makes me want to throw up.

Deckard, R0ckets03, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Where did he even remotely imply that?

Bill Clinton used his influence to sexually grope adult women. It's sexual assault. He probably did it understanding the vast amounts of women and corroborating witnesses.

Roy Moore targeted MALLS and HIGH SCHOOLS for adolescent victims. You think you are sending your daughter to a safe place that is high school but Roy Moore is around the corner waiting to whisper sweet nothings into their ears and draw them into his car and tries to rip off their pants.

That's Roy Moore. If you think that's equivalent, your Christian morality has failed you.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is funny how you forget the moderate GOP senators all voted against the initial ACA.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Clearly you are not paying attention.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, what Bill Clinton is alleged to have done is terrible. He should have been impeached for it. I will never vote for Bill Clinton again.

That all said, lets look at today. As bad a sexual assault of an adult is, sexual assault of children is even worse. Moore should not have been a candidate for the Senate. He certainly should not be elected into the senate. No one should support a child rapist for any role in government.

And while we are at it, Trump has been accused of sexual harassment and sexual assault (including of children).

I have been clear in my position on Bill Clinton. Now its your turn.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of what Clinton did to women was okay with me. But the evidence that Clinton raped anyone is incredibly weak. The evidence that Moore molested children is incredibly strong.

Bill Clinton harassed women, was a predator of women, and probably sexually assaulted women. None of that is okay with me. But it isn't equal to a man being a child molester.

I'm sure you don't condone what Moore did, but you do condone voting for Moore. So where does that leave your stance on what Moore did?

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The funny thing is if Moore get elected and senate does an investigation on this issue, he would have to testify under oath, what would he do ? Lie or not lie?

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

IIRC Senate ethic violations can only happen after they have been sworn in.

Nook likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think you're wrong that Jones would be liberal rubber stamp. The first reason is that there won't be any liberal initiatives in the Senate because the Democrats still won't have control of either congressional body. The second is that Jones would enter the next race as an incumbent, which is advantaged, but he'd have a hard time winning re-election. If he can show that he is very moderate and he manages to do good things for Alabama, he'd have a sliver of a chance of winning again. To preserve that chance, he'll be very conciliatory towards Republicans.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I will be shocked if Moore doesn't win.

The reality is that the voters in Alabama are dogmatic and very conservative.

They don't really care about what he did personally (only his politics), and many voters have said they don't think his zest for 16-17 year old girls was immoral or wrong.

This shouldn't be a surprise, many voters excused any and everything the current President has done because of his political affiliation.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Which is why it's strange that the RNC did a 180 and start campaigning for him again. The RNC just told everyone we are a child molester supporter, risking losing moderate conservative and independent forever. There is no going back at this point.

Nook likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

All of those barriers/restraints were already gone anyway..... just look at the current President.

If the Republicans can get their policies advanced by campaigning for Moore; they will.

As to the question of why now they are suddenly invested? Maybe their internal polling showed he was vulnerable..... but color me skeptical.

Moore doesn't support the US Constitution and is still the Republican nominee..... so this scandal shouldn't keep him from losing.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The pressure machine they put on Texas and North Carolina for their bathroom bills could be used on Alabama to punish their electoral sins. I'm not recommending it, but it could be done. Its dysfunctional and anti-democratic and probably hurts the economy and the union, but Alabama voting Moore in is also dysfunctional.

Then, we have to boycott ourselves for electing Trump.

14. NewRoxFan

Senator James Imhoff (R-OK) says he supports the child rapist since its a numbers game and he wants republicans to maintain control.

GOP senator on backing Moore: ‘It’s a numbers game’
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/363384-gop-senator-on-backing-moore-its-a-numbers-game

15. conquistador#11

poor jared the subway guy. he should have ran for senate. he could be living the life eating big macs with Trump instead of eating big Mc from cell block 25.

{The times we're living in. I saw a quote from some other republican on Moore. "It's not our place to judge." they judge everything "moral" ! }

16. NewRoxFan

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if your values are in line with a pedophile who said 9/11 happened b/c of gays then i think you should reevaluate your value system.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

PR move, like that's going to do anything.

19. conquistador#11

I reread it . at a glance, I originally thought it was $100 thousand for some reason.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I've seen some new ad from some other sub company with him shilling & claiming their subs "cured" him of being a pederast. Sickening.