1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They terminated Karen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 26, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't recall a month that I didn't encounter an angry elder who tried verbally or even physically to assault me at work, guess what! they are dealing with diminished mental health ,they needs help not hate

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cooper is set to be arraigned on October 14, per DA's office
    [​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Christian Cooper, the man who was going to have LE called on him, has decided not to cooperate with the investigation and says that he feels she's paid enough of a price.

Accepting the his reasoning this is a remarkable move and one that I think is praise worthy. While behavior like this definitely needs to be called out I've said there still needs to be a chance for forgiveness and redemption. It says a lot about the strength of character for Christian Cooper to say this.
    For me personally though this case is far more troubling than some of the other cases.

Amy Cooper understood what she was doing and understood that her actions could've done a lot of harm to Christian Cooper. To me that is psychopathic. I understand that Christian Cooper wants to forgive but this isn't just some mistake made because of underlying bias, this was intentionally meant to harm by exploiting cultural dynamics. Frankly it's attempted assault by other means.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...oman-who-called-police-on-him-should-not-face

Birdwatcher says woman who called police on him should not face charges
    BY ZACK BUDRYK - 07/08/20 07:41 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    © Christian Cooper
    Christian Cooper, a Black birdwatcher whose encounter with a white woman who called the police on him during a confrontation in Central Park, said he disagrees with the decision to charge her with filing a false police report.

The woman, Amy Cooper, can be heard saying over the phone that an “African American man” is threatening her after he asked her to leash her dog, leading to an argument between the two.

Amy Cooper lost her job shortly after the incident went viral, and protests over the police-involved deaths of unarmed Black people such as George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor rocked the country before Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. announced the charges against her Monday.

“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price. That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on,” Christian Cooper, who also expressed uneasiness at Amy Cooper’s earlier public shaming, said in a statement, according to the New York Times.

Christian Cooper added that he could not prevent Vance from pursuing the charges but that he did not intend to cooperate with the prosecution.

f the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me,” he said.

His attitude reflects that of some others in the Black community who have argued that although the incident demonstrates both racial prejudice on Amy Cooper’s part and an unspoken implication that violence would result from calling the police on a Black man, seeking a solution within the same system will not solve the problem.

“We all believe that the racist NYPD would have potentially killed Christian Cooper had they shown up in time,” Josie Duffy Rice, president of the nonprofit website The Appeal, tweeted. “And yet we still look to them for justice. I don’t trust that system. Ever. Why do we believe this racist, violent system can be the solution to racism and violence?”

JumpMan and RayRay10 like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

You would think these knuckledraggers would wise up after about the 100th person got fired for doing stupid **** on camera...but I hope they keep on mouthing off and having public tantrums.

CometsWin and jiggyfly like this.