1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They should ban everyone that left the arena early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, May 4, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

At any rate, the fact of the matter is that a loud atmosphere is more fun and energizing. I'm not sure why we feel the need to rationalize our lackluster intensity.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I guess OKC has one thing going for them. The only major team in that state are the Thunder. They don't have a football team or a baseball team.

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm just saying that the players care more about the game itself and the money than the actual crowds at the games. I really doubt many NBA players have made business decisions to go to teams that have the best home crowds and loudest fans.

But once again, I feel like the players would be much more upset about loosing and not playing well rather than the fact that fans left early.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Game 3 was rocking. I wasn't at Game 4 so I have no idea, but this game was pretty depressing towards the end. I'm sure the crowd would have been more into it if we kept it closer, but that 4th quarter run by OKC was extremely deflating, and we just never got back that mojo.

5. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

As upset as I was, I stayed till the end, and I don't care about the fans that left early.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think the quality of fans unlike money and the talent on the team are a pushing force rather than a pulling force. I agree you're not going to lure great players on a great fanbase alone... but if you have a terrible, crappy fanbase then its probably going to push players away.

Look at the Pacers and Hawks. Their players hate playing there.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm sure you're right that they care more about the game than the fan's demeanor. But I don't think they're mutually exclusive. Why not have both?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But, what is the difference between you giving up on them after 3 games and the fans giving up on them in the 4th quarter? Some of them gave up on their team as did you.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

There till the end my friends, jump ball with 1.2 seconds though? That was weird way to end it (even the violation was weird). But yes, I agree. I wish they would only let real fans in the lower bowl and put all the corporate suits who dont care for basketball in the uppers. Call it something fancy like skybox lite or penthouse view so they would more likely buy those seats. It made me angry that I was one of the few jumping up on big plays and everyone around me was taking pics, on fb, or just sitting there not giving a f$*k....

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yeah, I thought that was sort of anti-climactic. The crowd was starting to give a standing ovation, then Beverley and Harden trapped K-Mart, and then there was that jump ball? The whole end was kind of awkward haha

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not surprised, we have a lot of fair weather fans. I always stay after the horn for "just" a regular season game. I like to see what is going on, since a few players still stick around. If you don't care a lot for bball, then you're not staying.

12. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

If you didn't go to the game then you have no right to complain.

All the people that went to the game actually went and supported the team more then anyone of you who did not go and watched at home.

end of story.

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

5 minutes left and the filing out began. May e I'm a hopeless romantic, delusional fan, but I still thought we were still in the game. I stay at the end for all games I attend, but the playoffs more than any other games should keep you in until the end.

Sickening at everyone quitting at 5 minutes left. I wouldn't want the team to quit, so why should I? To save a few minutes in traffic? Then stick around minutes AFTER the game. Congratulate the youngest team in the nba for being resilient all season and then being resilient in this series against the best in the west. Performed above expectations all season after a gutted roster, injuries, midseason trades and loss of a family member.

Our young team grew right before our eyes, faster than we thought. And those ticket purchasers couldn't put on a red shirt for a couple of hours despite getting called out on the big screen. Then they quit on the team during the game. To get home a few minutes early on a Friday night?

Les needs to understand that when it comes to toyota center seats, the real fans should be the top priority customer. Leave all the other crap for your corporate sponsors and stiffs

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's the stupidest **** i've ever heard.

You're telling me someone that was given a ticket and decided to go because "everyone else is going" has supported this team more than a lot of us?

A guy who decided to take a date simply because it was considered a hot event?

The corporate people who chit chat and just clap when everyone else does?

The group of girls who needed a friends night out and came out impressed with Parsons' beauty because it was the first time they saw or heard of him?

GTFO.

It's people like us that even make these other "fans" aware of what's going on with the team.

15. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Yea, it's their prerogative to leave if they like, but it still sucks. To give up on the team and leave while they are still fighting to make a comeback is really really lame.

Way to support your team.

16. hlcc

hlcc Member

Those people have as much right to be at the game as the "real fans". If the "real fans" don't have as much money to come up in droves like these casual/bandwagoner/corporate fans they have no right to complain about this.

17. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I dont mind when people defend those who went to the game because they paid and showed up and stuff. But please do not say thattheysupported the team more than me. I live in Canada and due to financial reasons, its hard to fly out and watch a game (which has been a goal/dream of mine forthe past 7 or more years). I bet you that some of those fans who wentto the game, went for their first time while I have managed to watch over 90% of the games for the last decade through the radio or online streaming even though there is literally no rockets hype where im from.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And who said they didn't have a right to be there? It's a free country.

My post was in response to the "they supported the team more" comment, not whether they're free to attend or not.

They have the ticket, they get to do what they want while they are there, but don't tell me they support the team more. They don't. Being supportive involves much more than just showing up. Showing up and showing disinterest can be just a bad, maybe even worse, than not showing up at all.

#98 RV6, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  19. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

You can cry all you want but those people were at the game, other people here weren't. I don't care if someone put a gun to their head and made them come, they showed up. If those people didn't come then we wouldn't have to worry about people leaving early because nobody would be at the game.

20. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I don't have a lot of money but I went to all 3 games.

There was no way i wasn't going to show up to the game when the Rockets haven't made the playoffs in years.

I saved my money to buy tickets. All that money you people wasted on stupid **** I saved so I could go to the game.