1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They should ban everyone that left the arena early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, May 4, 2013.

1. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Or their companies paid for them, or they wrote it off as a business expense.

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Stayed there until I was told to leave. I tried my best to keep screaming in my section, but most were really gassed from being rowdy the whole game.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

1 person likes this.
  4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This really angers me...and i really hate the atmosphere in the lower section...The Rockets had a chance to feed off the home crowd, but people in this city confiuse me...i dont know if it is the floor/stadium design, but man...it just sounds bad in playoffs games...

During the regular season, it is much of the same...and i went to quite a few games this season...

Young players often times needs the boost from the home crowd...i had chills watch the GSW game last night...Curry started going crazy in the 3rd and the fans literally made the place electric...and that electric play transfered to the 4th quarter...after the Rockets made their run to get up to 10 points...its like the fans were deflated after cheering when the Thunder closed the gap and took a one point lead going to the fourth...

I get that Houston has a lot of corporate sponsors and things of that nature, but we really need to do something about this terrible home crowd...

I never remember the summit(granted i was young kid) ever being this bad during a playoff game...but this was bad...there are times i think our city doesnt appreciate our Rockets...and that is really disheartening...

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lins fault

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I saw it from my seat at home here in AZ, IMO embarrassing. Youngest team, first playoffs and we take the #1 to 6 games, yea I would've stayed and paid respect after the horn.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thats what I'm afraid of. I was a die-hard Texans fan in the 2007-2010 years, but then once we got good the bandwagon fans really ruined it for me. I don't know why it upset me so much, but I feel like my entire Texans team and philosophy changed once we got good. The bandwagoners constantly yelling "Bulls on Parade! JJ Swatt! Schaub sucks!" after telling me the Texans were garbage for so long really pissed me off.

8. ILoveTheRockets

I guess people have no idea of the traffic in town last night.

I bet leaving the T.C. was a total cluster f*** with everything else going on in town.

9. ILoveTheRockets

Plus, late games on a Friday night. I always leave early. So many drunks driving downtown and it only gets worse by the hour.

Don't blame anyone trying to leave early on a Friday night game. Downtown is stupid with drunk drivers galore.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Perhaps it didn't come across well on TV, but it was loud inside the arena both Monday and last night. I was at both games and stayed to the end.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Correction: The FRONT OFFICE cares about the paying fans. The TEAM cares about the real fans.

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets front office cares about the real fans. They ran a segment for 10 minutes last night called put your shirt on. They panned throughout the crowd spotting people without their playoff shirt on, and put them on the jumbotron until they put the shirt on.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Eh...

The players want the crowds loud, but I really think this is just fans thinking we are more important to the players then we really are. At the end of the day the players want to get paid, and win. Sure, an electric atmosphere at home helps, but I really don't think there loosing sleep over the fact that some fans left early.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hindsight is 20-20.
    The Rockets surpassed my expectations.
    Still wouldn't have left if I were at the game.

Still would have gave them a standing ovation for doing better than the crappy ass Bucks did.

15. napalm06

Do you have an athletic experience to base this off of? What an NBA mentality. "The players just want to get paid and go home." That's not why I watch sports, but I'm afraid you're right, too many NBA players do feel like that.

"I don’t understand recharging your batteries to be able to come out and play basketball for a living. If you have to do that, you’re in the wrong sport. You’re doing the wrong thing.” - Kevin McHale. I think this applies just as much to fans. Sports are about entertainment and comraderie. Not sitting and waiting for your team to win before cheering.

I also watch the NHL playoffs, where players consistently repeat in post-game interviews that the fans energized them during the game.

#75 napalm06, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  16. DreamRoxCoogFan

Admittedly, this isn't limited to a Houston problem, this is a new-wave business practice problem. I anticipate the same thing to happen to the awesome fanbase when Golden State moves into their new arena in San Fran. Playing For Keeps talks about it a little bit too where Jordan noted that United Center was a worse atmosphere than Chicago Stadium. Similarly, Toyota Center is terrible in comparison to the Summit. When teams move into new stadiums, their marketing and profitability depends on corporate sponsors buying season tickets to maintain stability and profitability. Families that save up to go to one or two games a year are an afterthought for the NBA.

17. napalm06

Haha. I didn't mean to say that the front office doesn't care about real fans. My point was that the team itself (the players) care more about real fans than paid fans.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

Forgot to add- the Oracle is a terrible stadium that is incredibly outdated. But the fanbase is electric and really embraces the team. All of that will be destroyed once they move from Oakland to San Fran and they too will be looking for corporate sponsors to fill seats.

19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Props to the fans that stayed and cheered to the end. I felt Rocket's pride in the last minute of the game when the crowd started cheering "Let's Go Rockets!"

Great season and can't wait to watch this team grow the next few seasons to a perennial contender

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No offense but I don't think you have ever played organized sports with a mindset like that.