1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

They should ban everyone that left the arena early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, May 4, 2013.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Eh, I see where you guys are coming from but really, we're more of the pathetic ones. We devote so much time, energy, and money to this team and at the end of the day they really don't care about us at all. So if it's obvious that we are going to lose, I'm not going to get upset when people leave even though that is something I'd never do.

What really gets me mad is people that pretend to care about the team, and bandwagoners in general. I get the same "Rockets suck" all year from certain people, and then come playoffs they are suddenly die hard fans.

2. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

The worst part of being a Rockets fan in Houston. I get that so much. I know people who just started watching the Rockets since they were in the playoffs and claimed they sucked. How can someone claim a team sucks, especially one of the youngest, teams in the league which was put together for one season. Then whose same people can't reference at least 3 games they had this season. The Houston fairweather fans always get to me.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's really a big deal. Game was over, I turned off the TV honestly, it sickens me to see the Rockets lose, no matter how far we exceeded our expectations.

I would have probably stayed if I were there since it's the last game of the year, but whatever.

I thought the atmosphere was great tonight though.

4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I'm talking about when ever they ask you to get loud. No body gets loud. The "fans" in the arena did a horrible job of supporting the rockets tonight. IDK if you were there or not but it was pathetic to see how very few were there to support.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with you 100%.

What the hell, where do they have to go that fast that they can't even see the end of the game and support their team?

I have went with people before that wanted to do that and I had no part of it, I'm going to watch the whole game.

6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I had nosebleeds. Paid $59 through the toyota center website, so I don't know where you got this price from at all.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I stayed in my seat till the usher kicked Kam and I out....

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If this scenario happened at OKC, I bet it would be the same, but not as many as our fans fleeing. The game was totally tilted around 5 minutes of the game. In all big cities on a Friday night, there are a lot of things to do. Don't forget some of them are probaly hungry, or some just don't have patience of getting stucked in traffic. I really like the end when some of Rocket fans started yelling "Let's Go Rockets!!!"

9. DuDDleyDawsonII

I feel u I would love to be there to long of a trip that home crowd suck

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Why do we consistently have the issue of patches of the lower bowl being empty? I know people say they are corporate seats and a lot of times they are hanging out in the Lexus Lounge or not even bothering to show up. But why don't other teams have this problem? I think it was game 3 that I was watching, and was so embarrassed to see chunks of empty seats in the lower bowl well into the first period. It's sad, and the Rockets really need to figure out some way to encourage these assholes to get in their seats.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nothing new really...

I've cheered in the lower bowl as well as in the upper bowl. They're pretty all pretty quiet in my experiences, so that was disappointing. People looking at me weird when I'm yelling my head off.

Never tried the nose bleeds though... bigtexxx and I are too rich for that. Maybe I should try it some day and have better results.

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

probably the best post in the thread. You're putting this on those fans as if they haven't been doing that all season- lower bowl corporate seating has either not shown up or stayed in the Lexus lounge the entire season. But ownership and the team couldn't be happier for them, by all means- sponsors can do whatever they want as long as the Rockets get paid. It's the same story in the seating, and it's the same story with the whole Comcast situation- this is a business, and the Rockets are fine with merely financial support.

Also, Game 3 was horrible because of the flooding- it was really really bad. If you need any further proof, even the Rockets PA guy couldn't make it because of the conditions. Highways were shut down.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but you guys probably stayed late for "other" reasons though ;)

14. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Very well put.

15. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Not surprised anymore by this sad fact. It is really a shame. I wish I had the chance to be there... We know everyone on this board stayed until the end.

16. junk151

junk151 Member

Me too. The upper bowl was pretty full. I stayed about 30 minutes after the game, would have stayed longer but my wife dragged me out :)

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol at those getting bent out of shape because some fans didn't stay to the very end of the game. They probably have to go to work or they couldn't bare the fact that our team was going home fishing. Better yet the Yota was super pack so they didn't want to deal with that traffic after the game. Lol come on good peeps.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Yeah. I didnt even want a seat. I just wanted standing room for me, my wife, and daughter but I only had $230 to spend and the box office informed me that the cheapest tix they had were $300.

19. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Yup. I have a few friends like that. One even got in my face b/c I asked about a Rockets score once. "They're a bunch of scrubs with no stars. Wtf would I care about them?" He's all about the Texans (until they lost).

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Even though my suite buddies have work to do during the game, and yes we all wear sportscoats to the game, they still put their shirts on and yell like hell everytime the rockets make a play.