1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

These aren't real games; They're intense scrimmages.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Oct 27, 2021.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I know there's a lot to feel down about with a 1-3 start to the season but folks need to start looking at these games for what they are.

These are just a bunch of young guys figuring out their roles as NBA players. You have KPJ who is a worse jump passer than Jeremy Lin learning how to be a PG. You have Green driving to the rim learning who shitty NBA refs are and Sengun is learning that skill can't always beat size so he has to find other ways to score. The vets are just going out and getting theirs.

I would say this is upsetting but this team isn't supposed to be learning how to win games. They need to learn how to become pro basketball players. I predict a lot of halftime leads followed by double digit loses simply because of the other team capitalizing on the young Rockets energy difference from half to half.

34to11, fryjol7, Roomba and 10 others like this.
  2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

As long as they keep having losses like the one against the Celtics and Mavs, then I'll be perfectly happy. They were exciting to watch and competitive enough to where guys could envision what it's like to play winning basketball. I just hope game like the season opener against the T-Wolves are few and far between.

But yeah, being competitive/exciting while still getting another high draft pick in a season we have complete control of our picks? Sounds like a win-win.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

nobody cares about the wins or losses

Idc if they lose, I know this team is sorry, and so do most Rockets fans…it’s only a problem when they’re having games like the one against the Wolves where they’re down by damn near 40 looking completely incompetent…as long as they are at least somewhat competitive and keep the game entertaining in the inevitable L, it’s all good

Dobbizzle, bballjunkie, HP3 and 12 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Would be cool if KPJ wakes up one day feeling and playing like a real PG.

34to11, slothy420, Nook and 3 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can dispatch them to the Squid or Hunger games for all I care.

Easy, Nook and DeBeards like this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yep. I can deal with losses like our last two. It’s losses like the TWolves that can’t accept.The turnovers drive me nuts but we’re beating ourselves.
    Eric Gordon said it best, we’re playing hard so we’ll always be j. The games, we’re jsut not playing smart and a team that plays not smart(don’t want to call the team dumb) is indicative of their pg play. Not asking for him but if we had Rondo or CP3 we’re probably a playoff team.

The more I watch kpj, I’m patient. And going give him the season but I question this learn as you go method. I wish he had a real mentor like CP3 or Iggy(basically guys who don’t mind mentoring and teaching the youth) playing on the team to help him along the way. Do We even have a pg on the coaching staff ?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This team has way better fight and effort compared to last year.

We fought really hard in both Mavs and Celtics game and fought to keep it really close.

With 3 young guys playing major minutes there's a lot of figuring out to do

hakeem94, bballjunkie, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I really don't mind losing. My concern still chiefly lies with Fertitta. Once these players are developed and capable of a playoff run, fans, management and owners alike will be able to assess whether the core is capable of a championship or not. However in order to retain that core, they're going to be expected to be paid. Fertitta was willing to dismantle a 65 win team on the cusp of a championship. That doesn't give me confidence he wouldn't do the same once these players are developed and are expecting to get paid.

burlesk, gifford1967 and mtbrays like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

I really only care to see this squad remaining competitive amidst all the losing, developing our young talent/on court chemistry and staying healthy as we march towards another top five pick. My heart can't handle many more swan dives from Sengun. An ideal game for me would be Jalen and Sengun showing out in a close loss along with finding more mins for Garuba, KMJ and eventually JayGup. My dream season would be JG and Al-P taking home Co-ROY and the Rockets landing a top two pick in the 2022 draft.

slothy420, HP3, DreamR and 1 other person like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed except there is no way we have "a lot of halftime leads." Even though teams will take us lightly and go in cruise control, they'll still be in control for most of the game.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Rebuilding is rebuilding, just give those uncut gems some time, or wait next batches
    [​IMG]

HP3, red5rocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Best Post of the day. I agree 1000000%

13. Nook

Nook Member

The season is really early, the team last year tried hard early last year too. Let’s see how they are in a month. I don’t doubt they will play hard but losses add up and it impacts effort.

BMoney, HP3, burlesk and 3 others like this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

They have been more competitive than I expected, especially playing without a point guard.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mavs were opening night equivalent imo. But most teams are still making mistakes
    normally a week into the season. Unfortunately the Rockets have more inexperienced
    players than other teams:
    Player-- Exper
    1) Armoni Brooks- 1
    2) Garuba-- Rookie
    3) Kenyon-- 1
    4) Tate-- 1
    5) Sengun-- Rookie
    6) Jale Green-- Rookie
    7) Kevin Porter-- 2
    8) Josh Christopher-- Rookie

Theis-- 4
    Wood-- 5
    House-- 5
    Nwaba-- 5

Wall, Gordon and Augustin make our team appear older than it is.

burlesk and Nook like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

You have uttered the unutterable name!

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's true but also this is a different squad. I don't really see players like Sengun, Tate, Nwaba not give 100 percent effort.

Even though KPJ and Wood are sloppy, they seem to give a lot of effort on every ball/possession.

Green seems to be the most non chalant of the group, but it's also because he can't really get physical without being bumped half way across the court

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jontro
    @Xerobull

lol people in d&d claim they hate billionaires but wish our billionaire has a couple more billion so he won’t be so cheap

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jontro likes this.
  20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

If Caligula was our GM, lol

[​IMG]

"get Jack Easterby on the line, he knows what I like!!"

#20 burlesk, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021