1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There Are No More Mickey D's in Downtown Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Feb 14, 2023.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The last one on Main by the bus station was torn down. There was another on Main at like Texas or another intersection in that area that's been gone since the Metro Rail was built. There was one in The Park Shops or whatever it's called now, one in the tunnels and one in the police headquarters building.

Its crazy they all seem to have gotten good business especially the one in the tunnels. That closure may have been COVID related.

tinman and Dredd like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

ikr it's unacceptable. sometimes i need a mccrib

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've noticed that a lot of Millennials and Zoomers are skinny af and eat like birds; picky and sparingly. That's not a bad thing.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Had a few interesting interactions at the McDonald's by the Greyhound station. I don't know if they made any money but they always had people in the vicinity. That said, I'm not surprised it's closed.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Time for McDowell's to move in.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Home of the Big Mick. Our buns have no seeds.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

AXG, across110thstreet, Kim and 2 others like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

McDonald’s is 1 of those things that was good to me as a kid, but as an adult it doesn’t hit nearly the same

last time I remember going to one was during Hurricane Harvey because they were the only thing open

gatsby, clos4life, boomboom and 5 others like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I remember that one right next to the Head Poncho Department.

Kim and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My father used to talk about how the meat had some filler in it and it bothered his stomach when he reached about 35 which was 1971. Anyway the same happened to me at about the same age. I can handle it a bit better but really don't do their burgers much anymore but I've posted several times about my love for their coffee. I actually worked for a place that roasted and grinded their coffee. They're very particular about it

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The one in the tunnel got tons of lunch business.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Golfstrømmen is downtown Delicious. Eat there instead. GOOD LUCK

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

I tried going to one maybe a year ago after not going in a very long time, bruh I had to place my order on a screen that then gave me a ticket that I had to take to the cashier to pay. Anyways, it sucked.

body slam, Slyonebluejay and Reeko like this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I still dig their "chicken" nuggets, it's the only thing I ever get. But as an adult, McDonalds is way....way down on the list. For being the most famous burger chain in the world their burgers are aggressively average, only above Jack in the Box IMO. Can't remember the last time I ordered a burger from there.

Last time I went to one downtown was actually when I went to my first game at Enron Field way back in 2000. There was one right down the street, don't know how long it's been closed.

AXG, Marteen and Reeko like this.
  15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I haven't eaten at one in years, but I took my niece to a McDonald's drive-thru last week and couldn't believe the prices. (I actually took a picture of the menu because they were so high.)

Here are few examples...

A ****ing Big Mac Combo... $9.99

A Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese Combo... $9.89
    w/ Cheese & Bacon... $10.49
    Deluxe... $10.19

10 Piece Chicken McNuggets... $9.89 (Sauce Extra)

The $1, $2 & $3 Dollar Menu are pretty much just drinks and coffee, with the exception of a 4 piece McNugget for $2.19

I know... inflation. But to pay those prices!

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s 1 of those things where I’m like “How did I used to love this food so much when I was a kid?”

I used to look forward to going to church on Sundays not for praising and worshiping God because I’d be asleep for at least half the service, but because my mom would take us to McDonald’s afterwards

ElPigto likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

https://mccheapest.com/

Marteen and FrontRunner like this.
  18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The worst thing is the quarter pounder - it doesn't taste the same I recall as a kid - everything else is fine - they just need to have more robot automation restaurants because the workers literally wont look at you inside - it's all drive thru emphasis...plus if we can go for better quality standards - I'm for it

Xerobull likes this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They cook it when you order it now.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't eat out much but prices at fast food restaurants from the few times I do have skyrocketed. I think Jack In The Box is still "reasonable" on everything, but I'm straight value menu and specials but I cut out the more expensive burgers everywhere at least ten years ago. That being said the last couple of years seem to have seen tremendous increases. Fried chicken places seem worse. Cane's kills all the rest of the chicken places on their 3 tender combo