1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cadet bone spurs just wants to be the first space cadet. I'm the best space cadet, the first. The very first! Believe me!

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I believe that the Brits have beat us to ... space force:

[​IMG]

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sometimes he talks and you can only ask yourself...

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t understand what a bowling ball does to a car hood... that’s a new WTH moment.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He should run that test on his hair, or maybe he already does.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Here's the entire part of that speech:

Even Japan. Look, the prime minister's a great guy, Abe. He's a warrior. Tough, strong, smart. But I said trade isn't so good with Japan. It's so one-sided. They don't take our product and we take their cars, I mean the cars and 90 percent of the cars, they just come. They need Mario Andretti to drive those cars off the boats. They come off the boats like 60 miles an hour. We send a car to Japan, they analyze it for four weeks before they decide to send it back because it's not environmentally friendly. [Unintelligible.] They actually, one of the car companies actually h ad a car made and it was the most environmentally perfect car, cost them a fortune. They spent a fortune. And they had everything, the highest quality that you can have. Everything was far better than any car they ever sent to us. They spent three or four hundred thousand dollars for a car that would sell for like 35,000, right? Not a good deal. But they wanted to see if they could get it in. And it, they were going crazy. Four days went by. Then five days. And they were ready to approve it and they said, no no, we have to do one more test. It's called the bowling ball test, do you know what that is? That's where they take a bowling ball from 20 feet up in the air and they drop it on the hood of the car. And if the hood dents, then the car doesn't qualify. Well, guess what, the roof dented a little bit, and they said, nope, this car doesn't qualify. It's horrible, the way we're treated. It's horrible.

Amiga and No Worries like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Hardworking trump's busy schedule for today... lunch. Must be getting ready for a trip (to Mar A Lago) and more hard work (golf).

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not sure if he’s dumb or right to expect us to be dumb?

Talking about auto, I miss my manual 4 cylinder personal work truck. Can’t get that in the state anymore.

9. bobrek

Sure wish I had my little old Ford Ranger still.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

A very special Christina Hagan edition... the depths that republican candidates will plumb to play off anti-immigrant fears...

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What a fine Christian lady she is. Must make her family and church very proud.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

I guess if the Morroco scary images didn't work she would have used this scene from World War Z

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson, B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Here's what politifact says about (probably) the source of Trump's bowling ball rant.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ump/trump-botches-japanese-bowling-ball-test/

TLDR: Japan tests all cars sold in Japan for pedestrian safety. The test devices is somewhat a bowling ball shaped object. Trump has the point of the test reversed. The hood of the car has to be 'soft' to reduce force on the test device. America has no similar pedestrian safety requirements so not all cars are designed to pass the test.

14. bobrek

But I thought he was obviously joking?

15. NewRoxFan

Everything trump does screams out #CROOK!

Trump reportedly made White House staffers sign NDAs that last beyond his presidency
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-nondisclosure-agreements-white-house-staffers-penalties-2018-3

16. Buck Turgidson

I would think not.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You've uncorked a memory I've revisited here before, bobrek, probably in Hangout, so the following is all you fault! :cool:

Sure wish I had my '65 Mustang 2+2 fastback still. Silver gray with a red interior and the 289 V8. Dad bought it new, one of the first fastbacks in Texas. The father of one his students at the university owned the Ford dealership in Orange. The student put in a word, and when the car got to Orange, Dad got a phone call. I went with him to pick it up. Because it was loaded, it cost about $3100 (Dad got a discount - a rare perk for being a professor). List for the base model was $2639. I ended up with it in the late 1960's.

It's still my favorite car, the problem being that I don't have it. I would if it hadn't been stolen and completely trashed. It was stolen from an auto repair place the family had used for about 20 years. The son of the owner parked it on the street overnight. That's all it took to destroy a classic. What was great about those cars was that you knew you were driving a classic when it was brand new. It's a weird feeling I'm sure others have experienced from time to time. That's the only time it happened to me. A great car to go cruising in, looking for chicks. Do guys still do that sort of thing?

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trump will only speak with Mueller if he signs an NDA.

19. bobrek

To continue the digression....my first car was a 67 Ford Mustang. Unfortunately it was totaled by a drug induced, hit and run, running red light SOB. Unfortunately I had just been stopped for "driving while young at 2:00 AM" which caused me to go through that green light about 2 minutes after the cop let me go with a warning for a "dirty license plate". On the bright side, the cop subsequently caught the hit and run driver.

Deckard likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan