1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

seriously...it was just too obnoxious and annoying.

2. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3n3ScuW5S20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden + picks for HH....GIT R DUN MURRRAYY

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Exactly. Both Lesnar and Rousey were hyped up as this unbeatable beast. Any real MMA fan saw they had some serious flaws in their striking game.

And just like Cain Velazquez exposed Lesnar, Holly Holm completely outclassed Ronda.

Dana White can kiss goodbye to the relevancy of women's MMA and Ronda Rousey if she loses again.

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wow go Holly Holmes! First female fighter I've liked since Gina! Cyborg is an undeniable beast but not really a fan.

LOL... perhaps because shes arrogant, bullish and annoying?

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Or because she routinely made fun of Mayweather domestic violence issues when in fact she boasted about beating up her boyfriend in her autobiography?

Pot/Kettle/Black?

The final straw for me was the weigh-in/glove touch.

She was mentally rattled by Holly, a truely humble champion and professional who was in another UNIVERSE in terms of boxing talent.

It was a freaking systematic, technically pure CLINIC and it was justice p*rn in some ways to see her get KTFO.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't see how anybody could think this is bad for women's MMA right now. IMO the worst thing would have been for Rousey to embarrass everybody and retire undefeated at 30 to do movies. They would have been back at at square one.

Rousey looked completely unprepared and got her ass handed to her. This sets up a rematch with genuine intrigue. If she gets embarrassed again, then it's bad. But if she wins a legit good fight in the rematch it could be the best thing that ever happened.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What the F?

Is this Holly Holm, Mirko Crocop? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rousey was always a humble chick. I don't know why suddenly she became a bad girl. And where the hell did her gains go? I couldn't even recognice her without her Dwade HGH jawline. She looked damn sexy

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

agreed, she really couldn't have handled herself more perfectly to win over a large portion of the contigent that would have hated her/not given a rats ass about her after knocking off rousey.

it's almost as if rousey has now turned heel in defeat, because of holm's grace in victory.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I like how you nerds are dogging rousy when this broad been unbeaten in almost 5 years. Why the fukk is Floyd in this discussion??? Hell yeah I'm salty!!!

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This happens in MMA. It's about match ups. Holmes is a elite athlete that has been fighting a long time unlike Rousey's previous opponents, and she had a better game plan. Rousey seemed unprepared to fight a good boxer.

I'm still a Rousey fan but she needs to realize you can't use the same trick to beat every opponent.

#1112 rockbox, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If your Dana white.

You ink Cyborg who I think would beat Holm and make Rousey come to her.

Cyborg vs Holm would bring great ratings.

14. dragician

dragician Member

Overconfidence backfires.

15. body slam

body slam Member

UFC 200 rematch of the century.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Were you asking why is Floyd in this discussion when Rousey kept bringing him up in every interview?

17. what

what Member

The problem with Holly Holms as champion is that most of her opponents are not going to be as aggressive as Rousey, and a lot of her fights therefore are going to be snooze fests.

If Holly Holms really wants to be the next Rousey and headline fights she's going to have to chance her style of fighting to make sure she pleases the crowd.

Yall can dog Rousey all you want but she was the most entertaining draw in the sport of MMA.

Holly Holms probably ain't going to be that.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Exactly why you need to bring Cyborg in.

Let her fight holms(cyborg is a better fighter) and bring in Gina Carano to fight Rousey.

Winner fights cyborg which I suspect is Rousey.

The women's mma is a bigger draw then men's right now LOL

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Snooze fest? She just awesomely worked over the champ and knocked her the **** out. Way better then seeing overmatched opponents get the judo for 10-15 seconds.

20. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I don't watch a lot of ufc because I can't stand when people try to take it straight to the ground and roll around the whole match

From what I've seen the few times I've watched her is her stand up game is not all that good. She seems to go straight for the ground and pound. She got her ass kicked because this chick she fought actually knew how to stand up and fight