1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The fighters need to make a union, out of all the ****in sports that need unions, the guys getting their faces smashed in should be the most important ones, yet nothing for UFC or boxing.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Think how small operational costs are compared to the NFL or MLB -- fighter pay from top to bottom is a joke.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've seen a few Spencer fights and she's just a zombie. She eats punches like no one else and is super tough. I think it is more of a testament to her durability that she stated in there with Nunes than anything else.

Spencer has never been finished in her career she just grinds opponents down usually but she just had 0 advantages on Nunes.

ferrari77 likes this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yup, but hey it's smart, it's what we applaud as a society. Dana has the corporate model down, independent contractors, don't pay them a fraction of what they should get, and if they ever wise up their asses can go we got some fresh faces to take your place.

5. KingCheetah

Joshua got around 85 million for his garbage rematch with Ruiz -- Jones might get 10 million to move up to heavy weight for a fight with Francis. Can't keep top talent if you don't pay them their worth especially US athletes. MMA training is a grind like no other if the UFC wants world class athletes they better start sharing the wealth -- the UFC is a big organization now no more excuses. The card tonight is a great example particularly the main event -- weak PPV card and the star of the show got $180,000.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can see them saying piss off to the fighters until they got some type of legit competition which seems miles away, the fighters just don't have any better options, I think it would have to take some concerted effort by all the major fighters to create a union.

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

Who's next for Amanda Nunes

Amanda Nunes, the most dominant woman in combat sports history, added another line to her résumé on Saturday, as she defended her featherweight title against Felicia Spencer.

The two-weight champion has now won 11 bouts in a row, and defeated some of the most accomplished women of all time in Ronda Rousey, Cris "Cyborg" Justino, Valentina Shevchenko, Miesha Tate and Holly Holm. This topic comes up a lot around dominant champions, but in Nunes' case, it's hard to dispute. She's running out of people to fight.

But, she's not retiring either. So, who's it going to be?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...ain-sterling-sean-omalley?platform=amp?espv=1

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Exactly what happened. I'd seen the same with Felicia before too. Just an absolute zombie but technically she had nothing for the lioness.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Is the fight free tonight on espn? Cant find a way to purchase through youtube tv

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Khabib’s father passes due to Covid at only 58

12. KingCheetah

I expect him to retire now.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Depends on how he handles grief, I think I read the Gaethje fight was set. Stamman just fought a week after his little brother died, but yeah no one could blame him if he stepped away.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Usman v Masvidal is on now. Crazy how it happened. The fact that Masvidal is willing to take this fight and won't even have a week for it takes some steel balls.

ryan_98, ThatBoyNick and King1 like this.
  15. KingCheetah

Masvidal about to get beat up ... btw is his title on the line?

16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Huge card this weekend.
    • Usman's belt is on the line against the BMF.
    • Holloway tries to get his belt back.
    • Aldo v Yan is will be a great matchup
    • Rose v Andrade former champs rematch

ThatBoyNick and KingCheetah like this.
  17. KingCheetah

Hard to believe Aldo is still only 33 -- feels like he is 43 (looks like it too). Physically he looks young but he has that 'old soul' face and it's not just the scar. I thought he won his last fight I'll be rooting for him -- I agree looks like a great card.

ryan_98 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Max Vs Volk is easily the most exciting for me, I hope Volk wins so we can see a Volk vs Cejudo fight.

ryan_98 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

Never thought I'd be relieved Rogan wasn't calling the fights -- I think a lot of people are really burnt out on him right now.

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Anyone got a link to the fight?

523744 and Sajan like this.