1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The toughest player Maxwell had to guard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Once you HATE Utah, you can't stop hating them. :grin:
    :confused: Can you please speak proper English?

Did you mean "He has been saying this" or "He had been saying this"?

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Petrovic might have been up there with MJ talks if his life wasn't cut short. Some of the footage suggest he was MJ's doppleganger approach, meaning it played a game at another angle and style that could have impacted the game as much as MJ.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

On second thought, only reason why I see this guy was so successful is because his shot release was not only on target but unbelievably fast. Real fast :eek: Hard to get to him in time to even contest.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Check out 30 for 30 Once Brothers about Divac and Drazen, quite sad that the war affected friendships. Drazen was pure, glad Vernon acknowledged him. In terms of shooting, that guy was on another level. He talked mad trash too!

basso likes this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think MJ is a little overrated. Top 5, but it shouldn't be a given that he was the best ever like so many people say. That said, I don't think Drazen was even close to MJ. At best, maybe Drazen could have peaked at a Dirk-like level, but nowhere near MJ. Dirk is no knock, dude has over 30k points and is a legend, but not many people will say he's was on Jordan's level. Also, Drazen didn't have Dirk's length.

I think Drazen was more in the Reggie and Klay conversation with better handles. Still below Curry, Nash and Durant. Also, that's assuming Drazen continued to improve. Drazen's numbers those last two years were very similar to Klay and Reggie. I could be wrong in my comparison due to different eras, but I do think Drazen would be way better in today's era. Drazen putting up 8 3's a night would have been crazy.

Regge Miller Stats
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/millere01.html

Drazen Stats
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/petrodr01.html

Klay Stats
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Petrovic has Hakeem Olajuwon....just bamboozled.

basso likes this.