1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans: Woes and Troubles

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ashes, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

gates TD was a blown assignment...im talking about turnovers

Is it the coaches fault that the longsnapper overshot Turk? DId the coach not make him do enough drills?

Is it the coaches fault that one of schaubs picks was tipped at the line of scrimmage and sailed right to the defender?

coaches fault for schaub trying to squeeze a ball into double coverage and throwing the ball off target?

Coaches fault for Sage not seeing that LB zoning right in front of the guy he was throwing too??

i know what you mean by preparation, but preparation means nothing without live action execution. Maybe they were prepared and just didnt execute. I heard one ofthe players being interviewd who said that limiting turnovers has been a KEY point of emphasis. Heck, its kubes basic philosophy.

coaches arent exempt from all of this, but tipped passes, poorly thrown balls, or just not covering up the football, are some things that are just bad plays by the players.

2. msn

msn Member

I hear ya, but while a lot of leaders know how to *say* the right things, some leaders just don't get it done. Every coach will talk about these things, and maybe they all do drills, but how much impact does a coach have on the team's readiness with these issues? Can a coaching change impact things like this long-term?

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I agree completely.

To answer my own questions, I think that the line looks as bad as always but that many of the sacks were on carr. Both Sage and Schaub have been able to avoid sacks and make plays by stepping up and getting rid of the ball.

I'm done with Carr, done with VY, done with Bush. The past is the past and I'm only interested in what it will take to get us where we want to be in the future.

First step; New Defensive Coordinator. Second Step; Trade down and pick up the another first day pick. Third Step; Left tackle.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thats is the question, how much control does the coach have over schaub overthrowing? or getting a ball tipped? or the longsnapper hurling the ball into the endzone?

You can say they werent "prepared", but why not look at the most obvious and directly related link?...like its a bad thrown ball. its just a bad snap, etc.

there have been a lot of t/os. ANd there is a problem, obviously, but you can lead a horse to water...