1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets wouldn't have won a game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by primtim24, May 15, 2013.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I almost exclusively only listen to Sportstalk 790, but if they go on commercial, I'll switch over to ESPN real quick. In the afternoon/evening hours I prefer Charlie/Lance and IMO it's not even really close. But yesterday as they went on a break I switched over to ESPN (97.5) and as usual they were making their typical "I hate Houston comments" but this one really ticked me off.

One of the guest hosts mentioned that with the way that OKC is playing against Memphis that he would've rather seen the Rockets there. That at least with the way we can shoot the 3 ball, that it would've made it more interesting. And AJ Hoffman then chimed in "the Rockets wouldn't have made it interesting, they wouldn't have even won a game". I know it doesn't take a genius to see that Memphis is better than the Rockets, but to me it's a pretty crazy thing to say we wouldn't have won a game? Or are my "Homer" glasses just that Red?

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yeah, you should probably stop listening to talk radio.

3. wink3

wink3 Member

I hate those afternoon guys, Calvin Murphy or Karl Dux were awesome. These guys know they are bad and they couldn't be more boring.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ESPN radio caters to transplants exclusively. That's their niche.

5. primtim24

Yeah, but ironically, their local guys are the ones that are terrible. Mike and Mike, and SVP are great.

6. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

"experts" said the same thing when we played OKC, that we'll get swept. It comes with the territory of being an "over-achieving" team in the league. We Rockets fans know how good this team can be, but don't expect these analysts guys to know that. No need to get all worked up.

7. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

Charlie and Lance, especially Charlie, are hands down the best for talk radio on the drive home.

They're not homers, and are very knowledgeable.

97.5 FM and 610 AM are terrible. The guys on 97.5 come off as guys who just can't like anything. Like they're too cool for that. Something else is always better.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Meh. They probably said the same thing about the OKC series.
    I remember before the OKC series started, i got into a little sparring match with Barry Warner who was saying that we would get swept.

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Well, it's not that crazy of a thought.

10. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

That is why I hate 97.5. They constantly bash Houston, they make comments consistently that Dallas is a way better city, and they also feel that Houston has the ugliest women in America. I don't see how anyone listens to this crap.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

IF???!?!?!

Dude...all regular radio goes to commercials

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

rockets are for some reason proud of beating okc twice without Westbrook. It wasn't that special.

13. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Good thing you didn't say "wouldn't of". People say "should of" and "would of" way too much nowadays.

1 person likes this.
  14. primtim24

Sometimes I am making a short run and am able to listen to them during the entirety of my trip. Thanks

15. primtim24

Ha ha ha, thanks...and yeah the Lakers do suck

16. Rocketfan4life

Does any one have their number so I can call them and b**** them out!

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

AJ Hoffman can be an ass hole sometimes and very negative. When it comes down to basketball he doesn't know what he's talking about. He has very little knowledge of basketball IQ. He's not as bad as Carl Dukes though. Back in 2010, Carl Dukes made a statement that today's bigs are better than Hakeem Olajuwon. Can you believe it? He said Tyson Chandler would destroy Hakeem Olajuwon. LMAO. Ever since Calvin Murphy left this station when down hill. And SVP is a complete joke too. No respect for Houston at all.

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This. I usually just connect my phone/mp3 player when driving and listen to Eye on Basketball, The Basketball Jones, Rocketscast, or BS Report/Grantland podcasts for my sports fix. Man, who listens to sportstalk radio anymore?

19. primtim24

Yeah that's unacceptable

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

their bigs would have eaten us alive