1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Republican Party's White Strategy shows it hasn't learned from California. Effect on the next 40

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Jun 22, 2016.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

It's tough to counter that logic. The best way to "be PC" is know what you are talking about AND have some empathy. Sounds like this guy does neither.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Since the minorities aren't on the same side, he sees no difference. If they were gop-leaning, then he'd say representing.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They won't lose Congress and they will never split in two. Parties stopped being vulnerable to creation and dissolution once campaigning became strategic and costly, they just switch policies and focus based on talking points and the news cycle.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"PC"/ "political correctness" is such an ambiguous/amorphous term these days.

It might have meant something 20 years ago but now it's basically a catch-all for the dark (skinned) forces and their aidors and abettors who are conspiring against the righteousness of the speaker and his/her entitlements.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, this.

I used to have some sympathy for the 'anti-pc' movement. I understand that there are some really butt hurt college students who are incapable of hearing a opposing view point. It was a movement that I wasn't irked by much and it brought about a hilarious season of South Park.

However, in the past year, 'anti-pc' has turned into "Shouting racial epitaphs at people is my fundamental right". Sure it is bud. Doesn't mean it's not our fundamental right to **** talk you back.

#25 fchowd0311, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This thread is racist.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Don't worry. As long as do you the white thing, everything's going to be all white.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Racist.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It isn't a matter of pandering. It is a matter of not doing things that exclude them. Immigration is a perfect example. Latinos are in general fairly conservative people...they should be vote Republican at a decent rate. Many (most?) are even in favor of immigration reform--they got here legally, they want others to have to as well. BUT Republicans mostly refuse to push any workable immigration reform, instead pandering to the whites with things that essentially take immigration reform off the table, while also then pushing Latinos away.

It really comes to just this: Stop doing stupid chit.

Otherwise, what is going to happen is that Republicans are going to get a bigger and bigger proportion of a smaller and smaller part of the electorate. That is a path to obscurity.

10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I'm just curious, why would that make you lose respect for the candidate?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Waisis!

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it's been about 9 months since you last posted in one of the basketball sub-forums, and something like 5 years since you last posted in the regular Hangout.

I mean I guess that's cool and all that this is how you choose to spend your time on this BBS, but it just strikes me as kind of odd.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I have this weird feeling you are unemployed.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sounds like you are kind of obsessed with me and what I do. That strikes me as a little odd.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's hard for me to even imagine two adults giving serious discussion to Trump being a president.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Nah. I just noticed that I've never seen you post outside of this subforum, and because I contributed to the tipjar (which you can do here, btw) I was able to take two minutes to search your post history.

But hey, you do you.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you look very closely, there are maybe four not-completely-white faces, though one is appropriately half hidden. Out of more than 100 faces, that's probably better than their registered voter demographics at this point. :)

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You are right, I see a couple Asians.