1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason free agents do not want to play here.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

The Red Rowdies!!! The time has come to get rid of these guys. They just get too rowdy at times :rolleyes:. Players hate that even our players probably get annoyed of them. If not that then its probably the weather?? But for sure it's the rowdies.

2. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

They're also part of the reason a lot of fans don't go to the games. They're just too ****ing annoying.

4. thacokeguy

thacokeguy Member

I have to admit it but it is VERY TRUE. Everytime I go to a game I totally avoid getting seats close to the Red Rowdies. #Annoying101

5. thacokeguy

thacokeguy Member

Correction.

6. Know Your Role

I'd say it's more likely that players don't come here because the idiot fans we have think it's ok to yell the n word at players like Kobe, Durant, Lebron, etc. I've heard it happen more times than I can count and yes my season tickets are 2 rows behind Coach Mchale's seat. I hear everything fans yells down there. It's sad, we only have ourselves and our racist southern attitudes to blame. Rowdies don't even compare to the assholes that show up to the Toyota Center.

7. dragonz

dragonz Member

Wait, what?

are you saying there are actual "fans" going to first floor seats?
    are you saying those people in first floor actually care about the game?
    they actually watches the game and yell?

unbelievable

8. Third eye

Third eye Member

Chicago before drafting Rose with those oh so lucky
    "struck by lightning" type of odds are a top 3 biggest city
    In country similar to Hou but....with more mob ties....I regress anyways they
    don't really get free agents lining up to go there.....
    These billion dollar athletes are pre madonnas building empires
    the problem is them-the nba isn't coastal citys only

9. Third eye

Third eye Member

Too bad we are the "third coast" gosh when Pimp died....well you get the picture

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol so many Houston fans and management are too conservative and this thread proves it... And ironically is key to the reason free agents don't come lol

11. Know Your Role

See, you understand. There is a handful of fans down there. People that have season tickets for 10~20 years and love the Rockets no matter what. My company gets them but rarely uses them so I go fairly often, thats how I got a Shane Battier Red Blazer. But then there are the rich assholes who buy the most expensive tickets, get mad because the Rockets are getting stomped on, then start trying to help the Rockets by letting the other team know what color their skin is. It's unbelievable. The way fans treated Tmac is another example, yelling stupid stuff to him, ripping his jersey in half in front of him because he'd been hurt so much. I think the FA argument is on us as fans.

I'm all for racist jokes, but it's not funny at a basketball game. That's how Ron ended up in the stands and beat up the entire Pistons crowd.

12. StevieCrossover

Yeah can get annoying at times. Always cheering even when nothing happens. They just need to sit down at least once so people bbehind them can see.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

WTF

[​IMG]

14. HakeemYaoMing

HakeemYaoMing Member

It's clear to me why no players want to play here... Imagine working every day and all your boss talks about publicly is how he's trying to find a superstar (someone better than you). Imagine being called an asset to acquire something better. And imagine knowing that you could be transferred to a place like Toronto at the drop of a hat. In our world, we can leave our current job to find new work. They can't. I wouldn't want to work for Morey, I think free agents feel the same way.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Cleveland 2.0

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ysmLA5TqbIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not quite as bad as Cleveland dude... common.

We're better as a city than a lot of places... so please for the love of all that is holy STOP BLAMING IT ON HOUSTON!

It's bad management. Plain and simple. Don't give Morey and more excuses for his failed attempts.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And WTF OP? Why are you blaming the rowdies? Get off your high horse because they're the only people making noise and going to games.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Your premise is wrong.

In general, players want to:
    (a) get paid; and
    (b) have the best shot at a championship they can get.
    In that order.

Everything else is secondary.

1 person likes this.
  19. ashiin

ashiin Member

If the red rowdies is a big reason a player does not want to be in Houston, I doubt any team would want him anyway because his priorities are all wrong.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. I didn't go to any games last season - but I've been going to games my whole life and have never heard anything like that.