1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Pelosi-Trump State of the Union Address Chess Match

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's pretty odd to suggest that a "compromise" would be people simply going back to their previous stance on an issue before it was politicized. I mean, that's what we're really talking about here. Either way, if Democrats were even willing to negotiate about going back to supporting what they supported a few years ago, I imagine this would all be over pretty quickly....i'm just not sure how you'd ever get them to negotiate in good faith given that this is 100% political, there is actually very little disagreement when it comes to policy in this instance.

cml750, Astrodome and MojoMan like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I know... it must be hard reading all these embarrassing articles about the guy you supported, voted for, and now have to defend. Especially when every day, heck, almost every hour there is something more embarrassing about trump to post about.

I am sure it would be much easier not having to read it... that way you can feel better about trump. Well, there is. Move your cursor and highlight my name on the left, then click on my name. On the far right you will see the word "Ignore". Voila! Just like magic, posts you are embarrassed by disappear. You will feel better about voting for trump and you won't have to post about that mean old leftist NewRoxFan posting so many tweets and articles that make trump look bad. It really works (take it from me, I have ignored two posters for years).

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If ignorance was truly bliss a lot more people would be happy around here. Instead we got ourselves a bunch of pissed off snowflakes.

biff17 likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, that's just weak on Trump part. I thought he would just said heck with your House, I'll do it in my House. Highest rating ever. But I guess it hurt too much so he needed to lash back. You slap me, I slap you... Next up, tax return. Entertaining huh.

5. AB

AB Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Nice! That made me think of one of my favorite stories to read to my daughters, Mirette on the High Wire, who stayed at Madame Gateaux's boarding house. Maybe some had just read that book to trump for his bed time story?

[​IMG]

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

8. AB

AB Contributing Member

Speechless indeed!! May be he has been spending last 24 hrs thinking how to retaliate and ended up here ..

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

10. NewRoxFan

No, seriously...

The sugar and air version sounded pretty close, eh?

11. biina

biina Member

Elections have consequences

12. NewRoxFan

13. TheresTheDagger

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not offended that Pelosi's trip was canceled. Supposedly she was to be in Brussels to talk to NATO officials and in Afghanistan for security and intelligence briefings. Telecommuting is never as good as being face to face, but given the shutdown its understandable. I should hope that the White House will be refusing all international trips using government planes for Democrats and Republicans. It'd look pretty petty to fly a Republican to Brussels and not a Democrat.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

The Administration is sending 5 delegates and their entourage to Davos next week.

ETA: and as we speak, the First Lady is on a military plane heading to Mar-a-Lago

#55 Buck Turgidson, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    RayRay10 and SamFisher like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

I thought she was supposed to see troops while in Afghanistan. The fact that her trip was even made public was questionable. The next big trip is members of trump's cabinet traveling to Davos. trump already said he wasn't going, but a large number of cabinet members and family including mnuchin and nielsen were supposed to go.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

LOL... "to own the lib"...

JuanValdez and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I would have neg rep you here JV for the understandable part. I'm not sure what's understandable about elected official NOT doing their job either through their choice or due to choices by other elected official? Government worker - sure, since they aren't being paid.